shut up Andy!

You've got a good quote, however yours is an earlier model. Mines a late one.... probably worth a few quid more.. I'll look at it like that to justify the heavier insurance!!

Anyway its better than the £1100 i was paying for my GTI. Mind you that was a nicer car.

oh and that was with Admiral. Really helpful over the phone.

My last insurer privilege wanted about £1k for renewale.... so i told them to fox trot oscar.

ADMIRAL have offered me an excess of £150 which i dont think is bad plus anyone else can drive my car (as long as they are over 25) and i get to drive ANY car 3rd party.

I shopped around and the average was about £800.

Adrian Flux were slightly below that.

However i've never been a great fan of Adrian Flux. I was with them with my GTI and they always seemed and came across as a bit of a chav outfit. Always on put u hold for 10 mins and took ages to send out literature like... cover notes.

Cant beat Norwich Union Direct for service.. but u pay slightly more for it mind.

[ Edited Thu Nov 18 2004, 10:17PM ]

shut up Andy!

You've got a good quote' date=' however yours is an earlier model. Mines a late one.... probably worth a few quid more.. I'll look at it like that to justify the heavier insurance!!

Anyway its better than the £1100 i was paying for my GTI. Mind you that was a nicer car.[/quote']

sorry, just thought i'd wind you up before telling the truth...i do have 5 yrs protected ncd and a £500 excess ;)

i always go for a higher excess to bring the premium down. it usually works out the same as having a low excess if you have no more than one claim per year. however if you have more than one claim it works out more expensive. but if you have no claims your quids in...and i am reasonably confident that i won't be claiming...though i am driving like an old tart at the mo (lack of seat time at mo) :(

Has anyone tried HIC, well you must have as they give a discount to club members, and you dont have to worry about extras like alloys, suspension, lights and air filters up to a certain extent. Mine was 400 TPFT with 4 years NCB, and all mods declared etc. But obviously comp would be a bit more, and i am going that route in a few months when my renewal comes through

as i swapped mine over from the Corrado i'm not 100% sure what it's worked out at for the MK3, but with Elephant i paid £599 F.C. with £100 ex and protected NCB. That was for me and the missus (i'm 26 with 8yr NCB, she was 23 at the time with only 3 yrs NCB). proper bargain IMO!!

I still seem to have an amazing bargain then:

Admiral

Fully Comp.

£150 Voluntary excess

2nd Driver as my Dad (clean record)

Overnight on driveway

Me: 24 (25 when this policy starts)

Clean Record

1 Years NCB

Value of car @ £4000

Class 1 Alarm and immobliser

Policy Price: £468.30 !!!!!

I am going to cancel the policy i have just now as its 6 months in and works out cheaper losing 1 years NCB and going for this just now. With 0 NCB and me at 23 it was £750 with elephant, Do you think i live in a good postcode area??....lol