vrt 440 bhp back on the road. 2 g/boxes and 1 brand ne gt3076r later

rabbit i know what you mean, have you though about some steel wheels.. you may have more choice. im sure what you have will be fine.. im about to try some hankook rs2 track tires soon. luckily i still have standard calipers, all be it with race pads, drilled\grooved and vented discs, so i dont generally have any wheel problems..

i do have a couple of sets of track alloys for sale, you welcome to come have a look if you like , and try.. never no , you may find something that will fit.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

as i said before 888`s wont fit. so that is why i have t1s`s

but the tyres are the same size ?? so surely if one fits the other will mate ??

Its because the side walls are a lot thicker and stiffer, and there's more rubber on the edges, goodyears eagles are the same, still a wide tyre even if you stretch them a bit.

Really like this car. get some pics up off it as it looks good and goes . how much did you pick it up for, i can remember it was for sale for a lot of money at one point

EDIT if you wanna sell your wheels let me no please

[

Really like this car. get some pics up off it as it looks good and goes . how much did you pick it up for, i can remember it was for sale for a lot of money at one point

EDIT if you wanna sell your wheels let me no please

have put some pics up on previous page.

£8000 to buy and £2300 since.

• 2 weeks later...

at last' date=' someone knew the reason why :) :)

here are a few pics, havn`t taken too many, but here are the few i have.

1257015069_8893_FT292242_003_.jpg

1257015069_8893_FT292242_sany1223_.jpg

1257015069_8893_FT292242_055_.jpg

1257015069_8893_FT292242_030_.jpg

got just over 100 miles of the 1000 run in miles done. it had a new block when first built ,which was just over a year ago, then the pistons broke and i re built the engine with new woosner forged turbo pistons , had a bit of trouble but got there in the end. now it really does feel like a brand new engine, strong and tight. just another 900 miles to go before taking to storm to get re mapped, its running a bit too much fuel at present, which is nice to know as ive got 900 miles of super expensive running in to come :)

task now is to get all done and ready for spring gti and the ring trip. but at least i can go to the xmas meet in my golf now :)

got over 100 miles done last night, went out at 12.30 am , other than slippy roads, they where nearly empty . still needed hat,scarf n gloves though. brrrrrrrr it was cold.

felt real tight with no odd noises, took it to 4ooo rpm for a while and spot on . thought,even in 0 degrees temp,this car handels really really well and enjoyed fingertip roundabouts , til i put the car back in its garage,got into my 1.1 fiesta run-about and was reminded of what a soft ride is all about, lol

the oil temp never got above 81 degree`s which i was happy with.

and cant wait for my race clutch to calm down a bit. pulling away or reverse is quite juddery,but fine once moving.

nice to have brakes that finally work too,they allways seem to come in handy :)

• 2 weeks later...