i've fallen in love again...

...with the vr6.

moved it out the garage the last couple of days, as i needed to spray stuff for the mkII shed, and it started and ran fine. so today i got more cocky and drove across town to pick up my mum from work (she killed the 'box on her cav), scared the hell out of her on the way back as well! anyway, having had no probs i took it to drop a mate off and then proceeded to drive around till the petrol almost ran out, listening to me abba cd!

i loved it, it felt so new, refined, smooth, comfy (recaros, yum!), and the torque...oh, the torque. felt like a sports car after the mkII. i know the mkII is good for the cash, but its an old car. maybe buying it was the best mod i could have done for the VR6, as it made me appreciate the finer points of the vr6 (even the ride felt superb). it's been about 8 months since i was last this happy with the vr6.

they can be hard work, but there is something about a mk3 vr6 golf, i'm driving mine again for the first time in a month. I bought the corrado but that's off the road while i fix the wheel bearings, really enjoying the golf again, somehow all the little things that used to annoy me are irrelevant. It doesn't have the performance of the rado but it's such an all rounder ;-)

mk2 is no way as refined as the mk3, acf you know this better than anyone :). Mk3 is a big boys car, non of this boy racer stuff its now big boy racer, with huge amounts of silky smooth power available (throughout the rev range if u are schricked :) ).

On orginal suspension the vr wafts you through the roads and you feel nothing apart from body roll into corners hehe.

i wouldnt trade my mk3 for a mk2 again, its the creature comforts like AC/Heated seats and lights in the boot :) that all make for a great car.

afc' date='you wanna try leaving the VW's for somthing totally different and THEN get back into a MK3 VR! It's like a breath of fresh air after being down a coal pit all day,I'll never give up on her again!

Mike.[/quote']

i dunno, i find scoob's nicer to drive than the vr6 i have to say. but, heck, i can't afford the model i want anyway (and it'll be some years till i can as its only just come out!)

see afc8181 i told you to take that car to pick her up didnt i :D

yep' date=' thanks hannah :)

[ Edited Fri Nov 12 2004, 10:59AM ']

Good to hear the VR flame has been re-kindled for ya.

Took my VR out again last nite after two weeks of just driving the Impreza, and it still brought a smile to my face. And that was with the engine returned to standard too!.

Seeing that car go is gonna be a tearful moment.

[ Edited Fri Nov 12 2004, 01:38PM ]

i must agree, went up north with my mates mk2 gti and my bro in laws mk3 1.8GL.

drove them two cars for four days up north and when i came back to my vr, my oh my oh my - it felt like driving on silk roads just gliding through every gear with no hesitation at all.