MK3 VR6 174BHP VS MK4 1.8T 180BHP?

mk4 wieghs alot and you rest assured there are another 10 million cars with the same body shell out there that all look the same....although there is a point of it being a 1.8T and hence more economical prolly more reliable than a vr6...wouldnt trade my vr6 for a brandnew 1.8T unless they 4motion'd it (for the same price :) )

jesus christ !

im gett about 20mpg at the mo' date=' i think

all i know is that im putting 45 quid in, and getting about 250 miles from the tank ![/quote']

That works out at 30mpg dead on - assuming your paying about £0.84 per litre.

I'd keep the VR6 - if for no other reason than it just sounds so god dam good!

Olly_K wrote: ...

jesus christ !

im gett about 20mpg at the mo, i think

all i know is that im putting 45 quid in, and getting about 250 miles from the tank !

hmmmm-I make it 21mpg

Olly_K wrote: ...

jesus christ !

im gett about 20mpg at the mo' date=' i think

all i know is that im putting 45 quid in, and getting about 250 miles from the tank !

hmmmm-I make it 21mpg[/quote']

Oops - need to go back to school - did a multiply instead of a divide - 21mpg it is!!

cheaper to get power...however a vr is gonna set u back less than 4 grand ....if u spent 5 grand on a standard vr (and that still wouldnt cost as much as mint 1.8T s/h) u could be looking at serious horse annoying power.

the cost of buying a vr is sooo dirty cheap....it just STUPID not to have one...just for the 'deal' :)

prefer mk3 shell to mk4 shell..anyone else agree?

[ Edited Mon Nov 08 2004, 10:57PM ]

Its True.

I've had 3 MK4 1.8Ts, one 25th Anniversary 180BHP, and they've all had the REVO treatment.

I consistently made over 210BHP with 255lbs/ft +!

Most value for money upgrade ever.

But all that torque does taper off after 5krpm so you gotta make sure you put your opponent away early if you get what i mean.

I had a Full Samco re-hose with Turbo Intake pipe replacement aswell as a Dynatwist air intake system and a cat-back and all that made for some smoothe power.

In real world driving and on the motorway you'll be hard pushed to find anything within reason that will worry a modded 1.8T thats performing well.