My VR6 turbo, Haldex 4wd. The end....

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love bank holidays!! 3 days of car, car, car!

Bolted up the manifold, turbo, and turbosmart wastegate to the lump

vr6tproject220.jpg

vr6tproject223.jpg

vr6tproject221.jpg

Re-shortened osf driveshaft

vr6tproject227.jpg

vr6tproject225.jpg

vr6tproject228.jpg

vr6tproject229.jpg

Made the oil drain into the sump

vr6tproject230.jpg

vr6tproject231.jpg

vr6tproject232.jpg

Then put my engine back in, to stay this time!!

vr6tproject235.jpg

vr6tproject236.jpg

Mounted oil cooler behind bumper on the passenger side

vr6tproject243.jpg

vr6tproject245.jpg

All power steering lines bolted up and reservoir mounted

vr6tproject244.jpg

Re-mounted gear shifter inside car

vr6tproject248.jpg

vr6tproject250.jpg

vr6tproject253.jpg

Put bonnet and front end back on

vr6tproject234.jpg

vr6tproject240.jpg

And put dash back together (yes i know it needs a damn good clean, but its not worth it where its living atm!)

vr6tproject252.jpg

vr6tproject247.jpg

how comes you mounted the cable shift on top of the tunnel will it not fit under like the syncros,

drive shafts look good did you do them your self

im just chopping solid 6speed shafts and joining them with my vr one because im to skint to buy new hubs

Mounted it there because the cables sit better on the engine side of the bulkhead, out of the way of my downpipe, plus i think it looks cool, and it raises it up a couple of inches ;-)

Yeah did the drive shaft myself, it was the second time around though as the first 1 came out too long :-( (should have measured twice!)

ah cool im not far on enough to realise these things may look at doing it that way if they run better pluss it can be choped down for a shorter throw :)

your shafts look standard again after shortening maybes i should stop being so tight and swap hus and use hollow shafts as its far neater

your shafts look standard again after shortening maybes i should stop being so tight and swap hus and use hollow shafts as its far neater

As on the vr, the nsf driveshaft is solid and the osf driveshaft is hollow, same applied to the r32 1's i had. So they might match up to look standard

great job

you may have trouble with the oil return on the sump

mine started blowing oil because the return pipe was backing up so i mounted it as high as i could

just a thought :-d

I suppose it could have gone 1 inch or so higher, but there wasn't alot of room for it, engine mount, transfer box etc got in the way a bit!!

• 3 weeks later...

hows ur project cuming on

just wondering if you can help me out iv been talking to a mate and he says ill have to fit a 24v thermostat housing as my 12v one will get in the way of the gear linkage do you kno if this is true

Yes and no really! Yes it does get in the way, BUT if you move the pins on the gear linkages inwards then you'll clear the lower hose on the housing. And you'll have to delete the aux water pump as the hose that goes between that an the housing gets in the way on the selectors.

I'l post a few pics up of what i've done to get over the problem, and theres pics of the selector a few pages ago.

I just wanted to try and keep things simple, and use 12v stuff through-out, with a few custom hoses/pipes along the way!

So, i've finally finished my boost pipes, and coolant pipes. Had to re-relocate the power steering fluid reservior because it got in the way of a boost pipe!

vr6tproject258.jpg

vr6tproject259.jpg

vr6tproject260.jpg

vr6tproject264.jpg

vr6tproject265.jpg

vr6tproject266.jpg

vr6tproject267.jpg

vr6tproject268.jpg

The coolant pipes are all custom bar the top and bottom radiator to thermostat housing pipes. I've had to delete the aux water pump because the hose that joins it would have got in the way of the gear selectors, and so i've made 2 metal water pipes.

vr6tproject278.jpg

vr6tproject279.jpg

1 of these runs from the head to the heater matrix, and is made out of metal because its close to the exhaust downpipe. The other is because of the deleted water pump, and the lack of space near the thermostat housing.

The header tank still feeds into the coolant pipe in the same location, and so does the bleed pipe of that comes off of the pipe from the head to the heater.

vr6tproject280.jpg

vr6tproject281.jpg

vr6tproject282.jpg

On the mk4's the aux water pump is round the front on the engine, dunno if that helps you?

The ecu is off at emerald atm, being set-up for a single coilpack vr6, which should come back with a vr turbo base map on it too.

Whem thats back i can start the dauting task of wiring!

But in the mean time i'm gunna get on with the downpip/exhaust.

I'l be picking my wheels and tyres up in november off bungy (cheers bud!), seats should be here soon, so not that much left really!

Yours going ok?

is that front cross member that you've chopped up structural? like removing weight out of mine and cut the middle out. just wasn't sure about removing any more. it coming along nicely' date=' what wheels have you got

[/quote']

I think it is, it just helps support the front of the chassis legs, thats why i tried to leave part of it there.

I'l be using mk4 4 motion alloys

vr6tproject275.jpg

vr6tproject276.jpg

vr6tproject277.jpg

There close to the brakes, but not touching, and fit perfectly!!

On the mk4's the aux water pump is round the front on the engine' date=' dunno if that helps you?

The ecu is off at emerald atm, being set-up for a single coilpack vr6, which should come back with a vr turbo base map on it too.

Whem thats back i can start the dauting task of wiring!

But in the mean time i'm gunna get on with the downpip/exhaust.

I'l be picking my wheels and tyres up in november off bungy (cheers bud!), seats should be here soon, so not that much left really!

Yours going ok?

[/quote']

ah cool all good stuff well mine seems to be going backwards at the moment lol the list of things i have to do has managed to get even big since i tryed to put my charger together and realise how many bits of bracket were missing

but other than that the engines all sorted minus charge cooler hoses and the diff is all welded up to the subframe so just needs the hanger bit fitting to it ah and the floor put in lol

might go and have a look at the 4motions aux pump and see if i can uses it cheers john