My VR6 turbo, Haldex 4wd. The end....

Ok, been having a few issues with the brakes, bled the whole system several times, and the pedal only has a bit of 'feel' to it. I can lock the wheels, but only on full travel of the pedal.

So i bought some new ebc turbo groove discs to make me feel better!

vr6tproject072.jpg

Does anyone know if they are the correct way round? Thats the way that they said to fit them, but i'm not sure?

And i thought after reading kevs turbo guide, i'd make a swirl pot for the fuel system, as the pump i had was quite nosiey. It seems to have helped.

vr6tproject063.jpg

vr6tproject064.jpg

vr6tproject065.jpg

vr6tproject073.jpg

vr6tproject074.jpg

And the rust monsters have visited :-(

Drivers sill

vr6tproject066.jpg

vr6tproject067.jpg

Passenger sill

vr6tproject068.jpg

vr6tproject069.jpg

vr6tproject071.jpg

Gunna sort them bad boys out tomorrow and weld them holes up! :)

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not yet, probably won't for a month or so, until i'm happy enough with the map, car etc to drive up to emerald to get dave walker to map it.

Going to try and get loads of road mapping done soon, after the mot.

Sorted my insurance out last week, i went with Sky insurance, TPFT, 4 years no claims, 26yrs, £731, which i didn't think was too bad!

Might be worth injecting some waxoyl in those sills after you've repaired them.

Yeah think thats a good idea! I think what started to rot them was the fact it had the plastic sill covers on for most of its life' date=' and they just collected mud and water and started the rot.

[b']So my advise to people is to take your sill covers off once in a while and clean the body work under them!

Anyway, yes john the control works well! 4wd works well! lol!

Just been out to try and bed the brakes in, its sort of working, it will stop-really well, but the pedal is almost to the floor. So don't really know if it will pass the mot like it? Does anyone know??

your master cylinder is to small for the R32 calipers.

imo if it passes the brake test then you will past.. depends if you mean it actually goes down to the floor...

Anyway a bigger master cylinder will sort it out, its not just air in the brakes??

dude i have a question about welding... when your welding a box section like that how do you stop... or even put out the fire inside the sill lol? all mines been on floor pan where I can get to the back.. but ive got some like that i need to sort... worried about torching my car lol

your master cylinder is to small for the R32 calipers.

imo if it passes the brake test then you will past.. depends if you mean it actually goes down to the floor...

Anyway a bigger master cylinder will sort it out' date=' its not just air in the brakes??

[/quote']

Do you know what size i'd need to get? I've changed the servo to 1 off of a later mk3, so would a mk4 m/c fit?

And there is no air mate, can't be, bled the brakes loads of times now because i thought that was the problem!

Oh and the welding? Just do about 1 inch at a time, damp with wet cloth, look inside to check for flames, then just carry on like that! I did have most of the bungs out where i could, but no flames, just a bit of smoke! Stinks!

Or you can do it how i've described in the garage section with the glow and fade technique. Keeps the heat well under control and no fires.

ah fair enough... ive got some underseal from when i protected it to stop it getting worse... goes up like petrol LOL

are you still ahving trouble with your brakes? i ha d trouble with mine on my corrado i assume the systems are simalar but my problem was in the abs part and was stopping me bleed the brakes properly, i had done them loads of times and had no air but was told by the garage it was the abs systems resisvour and they used a pump or something to do the hole systrm. hope that helps but as i say they might be different systems

are you still ahving trouble with your brakes? i ha d trouble with mine on my corrado i assume the systems are simalar but my problem was in the abs part and was stopping me bleed the brakes properly' date=' i had done them loads of times and had no air but was told by the garage it was the abs systems resisvour and they used a pump or something to do the hole systrm. hope that helps but as i say they might be different systems

[/quote']

I've completely removed the abs system cause its pants! So definately not that! Cheers anyway :-)

• 2 weeks later...

After changing my original brake master cylinder for another off of a mk3 golf, and having no luck with the brakes, i bought an r32 servo and master cylinder. I stil had the same problem, too much pedal travel, until saterday when i had the car jacked up!

I was sat there drinking a cup of tea (as you do!) and looking at my brakes, when i realised that i've been trying to bleed the rear calipers with the bleed nipple at the bottom! So i took off the calipers, bleed them so the nipple was upper most an loads of air came out!! I was a happy bunny! Brakes at last!! :-)

Forgot to take some pics but the mk4 servo and master cylinder fits a treat, with just a slight mod to the reservior.

Washed it twice this morning before dropping it off round a friends garage ready for mot next week!

I'm really excited, and hope it passes, but if it doesn't it can only be something minor, i hope. :-)

Also booked the 11th March for a mapping session at Emerald, so got to get some miles done before then!