My VR6 turbo, Haldex 4wd. The end....

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While i was fitting the rear subframe, i put the prop in to mount that up. Getting it running right took a bit of time, but got there in the end!

vr6tproject031-1.jpg

vr6tproject034.jpg

vr6tproject054.jpg

1012.jpg

Had to raise the front of the engine so that the prop would run level.

1011.jpg

1021.jpg

Gearbox with home-made bracket that clears the driveshaft.

vr6tproject053.jpg

Thought i'd show you guys an girls what i've been workin on the past month or so.

Fuel tank, which uses the original vr6 pump and sender

Image046.jpg

Tank and fuel pump/filter holder

Image018.jpg

Image052-1.jpg

Mounted in the car using anti-vibration mounts.

Image056.jpg

Fuel filler cap,

Image050.jpg

From inside,

Image051.jpg

I'l get some better pictures at the weekend of it in, changed where the pump and filter are going. Moved them to underneath the fuel tank under the car.

As promised, a few better pictures of fuel tank in car, pump and filter, and a few of my new brake lines, bias valve and battery cables.

carstuff018.jpg

carstuff019.jpg

carstuff015.jpg

carstuff020.jpg

Image104.jpg

carstuff016.jpg

carstuff013.jpg

carstuff012.jpg

And i've made my own short shift by modifying the original gear selectors on top of the gearbox. I just drilled a new hole closer to the pivet point of the selector, cut the old pin off, then welded it back in its new hole. I did that on both of the selectors, and i tell ya thats some serious shifting power!!! :)

carstuff025.jpg

carstuff026.jpg

I've also mounted some gauges in the center console, oil pressure and temp, boost pressure, and air/fuel gauge (WHICH IS NOW FOR SALE-OFFERS?). I used a piece of and old dashboard out of a mk3 gti i had, cut it to fit, drilled holes to suit the gauges, and tapered the sides of it so that ti would sit in the center console and point towards me!

carstuff023.jpg

carstuff022.jpg

Image117.jpg

Driveshafts; fronts- nsf= mk4 r32 driveshaft complete

osf= mk4 r32 inner + outer cv's, shortened r32 shaft

rear- nsr= mk4 r32 inner + outer cv's, mk2 modified syncro shaft

osr= mk4 r32 inner + outer cv's, mk2 modified syncro shaft

Cheers for the support, its good to know people out there that are interested!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

mk2project006.jpg

hey mate iv just been looking through your build thread and noticed you have a spring linking your anti roll bar and subframe do you know what its for just im doing the same conversion but mine doesnt have any of this im not sure if its missing or just its never been there

just wondering if there had been anymore progress on the motor mate??

Not alot tbh, been working hard, and enjoying the sun too much!!! I get paid next week so hopefully start getting some bits an bobs in to make both my manifolds.

mk2project006.jpg

hey mate iv just been looking through your build thread and noticed you have a spring linking your anti roll bar and subframe do you know what its for just im doing the same conversion but mine doesnt have any of this im not sure if its missing or just its never been there

That is the standard brake bias valve, or load sensing valve thats used to control the rear brakes. I ditched mine as the mounting for it is cut out to fit the haldex diff in. I now use a Wilwood adjustable brake bias valve to control the rear brakes. So don't worry, its nothing worth having anyway!!! :) If you get stuck with anything give me a shout mate cause its the little bits an pieces that make this conversion work, like if you use the front hubs off an r32 (like me) then you have to add a 3mm spacer between the hub and bearing (on the front) to clear the hub carrier.

Unless you want to get custom driveshafts made! The R32 c.v's have larger inner splines than the vr6 c.v's, so you can't mix n match - and the R32 c.v's use a large socket headed cap screw to do up the hub/bearing, unlike the vr6 which uses a nut.

gutter well thats another thing i need then

glad your doing this i think i would probly give up a million times before i got anywere near geting it all in with out help from people like you when you hope to have it up and running and what are you doing about a exhaust/manfold