My VR6 turbo, Haldex 4wd. The end....

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After fitting the seat in, i found the front of it was far too high.

So it came out again and i modified the subframe.

I cut the front 'tube' either side of the center runner, and sliced through the rear tube where that runner ends, so that i could lower the sbframe around this runner.

vr6tproject047.jpg

vr6tproject048.jpg

Just filled in the gap with an off-cut of tube, weld it all up, then slap some paint on!

Fits loads better now!

hey mate hows it going im busy trying to find the mount that holds the gear selector cables the ones that are on top of the gear box

iv been to my local breakers twice and they are adiment that the only type you get bolts on to the box with two bolts and one into the side of the engine

can i just double check is the mount you used a standard r32 one? cheers bud

Yeah i've used the standard r32 1, its different to the s3/tt quattro so be careful.

I can't remember but i think it bolts to the top of the box in 3 places (r32), and the s3/tt bolts on 2 places on the top of the box, and 1 on the side of the block.

Can't check atm because i'm snowed in at home! I'l try looking at weekend to double check for you fella!

Wow! Great build thread, I'm pretty tired after Reading all 24 pages! Lol Ive got a question and it seems your the man to ask. I've got a mk3 vr6, is it difficult to fit the complete mk3 synchro 4x4 running gear to my vr6? I understand I'm gonna need a synchro boot floor. But apart from that is there much to do? I feel pretty stupid from getting a headache from my project after seeing your build thread!

Wow! Great build thread' date=' I'm pretty tired after Reading all 24 pages! Lol Ive got a question and it seems your the man to ask. I've got a mk3 vr6, is it difficult to fit the complete mk3 synchro 4x4 running gear to my vr6? I understand I'm gonna need a synchro boot floor. But apart from that is there much to do? I feel pretty stupid from getting a headache from my project after seeing your build thread!

[/quote']

read though it all again mate :)

Its ALL there... he hasn't changed the boot floor.. welded a plate in place of the spare wheel well and then used box section to build the subframe/ surport for the rear axal a diff... some mounting point are all ready there to keep it square and in the right place (as i understand it ?)

just keep reading though it.. if you can't work out what to do from this guide your probaly going to have to get somone to do it for you.. or just spend along time learning.

and yes as far as modifying cars go this is a hard/ big job

Yep, summed it up pretty well there bodge!

If your using syncro stuff, make sure its from a vr6, gearbox and diff etc, subframe should bolt up to the chassis, just mod the floor pan, mount the prop etc.

And cheers bungy :-) its been a long couple of years!

Luckily for the car I won't be doing most of it' date=' the old man's the mechanic. Just wanted some info to pass over to him make it as easy as possible. Just wanted to be sure before I fork out on synchro gear and realise it don't work then end up on eBay! Cheers guys

[/quote']

get him to read this tread ;)

• 2 weeks later...