Anyone got pics of a MKIII Golf sitting on Corrado Speedline Alloys?

Trying my best to get rid of my Ven*ms. Its a toss up between some original VR6 BBS - which might defeat the object as they are a similar pattern to the Ven*ms plus equally hard to clean, - and some Speedlines (or similar).

The Speedlines look like they would be easy to clean - which is what I want - something in 5 spoke... and they seem to go cheap on freeBay.

So has anyone got any pics of a MKIII Golf on these Corrado wheels?

Post em up!

Jules

[ Edited ]

[ Edited ]

nah - yours look OK - but the Corrado ones are slightly chunkier and they stick out towards the centre whereas yours are flat.

Still not found any pics of a MKIII on the web or anywhere...

I'm begining to think its cos those Corrado Speedline wheels only suit the Corrado.

Jules

• 3 weeks later...

The deed is done!

The Speedlines are on. Bit of a delay as I had to nip to the scrappy to pick up a set of standard wheel bolts - the TSW Veonom bolts were different - and so also needed a new set of locking bolts too....

Check out my gallery: http://www.vr6golf.co.uk/vr6oc_plugins/coppermine_menu/thumbnails.php?album=47&page=1

There is also a pic-a-ture of my front tyres that I removed in place of the Speedlines - Toyo Proxes with about 5k miles on them.................!

Jules

[ Edited Sat Feb 28 2004, 04:29PM ]

[ Edited Sat Feb 28 2004, 04:30PM ]

dont you have to uncouple the brake pipes and then re-bleed at least?

I had a real quick shufty the other week, and it looked too much hassle for on a Sunday. Too many things could have broken and stopped me getting to work on the Monday....!

[ Edited Mon Mar 01 2004, 09:57PM ]

you can 'pursuade' the brake lines out the way.

if you're worried about something holding you up make sure everythings undone and released beforee you start removing the old bush, thats the point of no return. (wish i'd done that, i did the off-side then got stuck with the bias valve on the near-side)

ok - sorry to labour the point - but when I looked under my car, the rubber brake flexi hoses were attached to the beam via a bracket. I didnt see any immediate way of lowering the beam without undo-ing the brake system at least at the flexi union.

Admitibly I only had a real quick look.

Now I know that these cars have everything held on by clips usually - did I miss seeing that the flexi hoses are mounted on detachable clips or something?

I need to have another look I know - but weekend is a long way away! ;)

Jules