Looks OKish to me. The only way they can sell a kit THAT cheap is to cut corners on the turbo and manifold. Manifold looks to be an ebay ATP clone special and the turbo only has a 90 day warranty, which kind of says it all really :-)

Not trying to knock it without trying it, but that's just too cheap imo.

I bet its a chinese copy gear, they are everywhere now. I wouldnt touch it with a barge pole

Everything on the site looks cheap and nasty and very 'max power'

Those lambo door kits are very spindley compared to the proper kits

The performance chip they sell is just a resistor basically

Cheapo wheels

Not one item of the electronics has a brand name

I agree with you all in the fact that it looks chaep, its half the price of most kits out there, but half of me was like, f**k it, might be worth a bash, and the other half says no before i started !!

I was thinking the turbo looks cheap, but only running low boost, like 6 psi it could be fine ? surely any manufacturers turbo can run that sort of boost !

I was a bit worried when i emaield the company as asked "will it fit a dzzy VR", and they replied no. so i asked why not, and pointed them to another site (bahnbrenner), and then they emailed.. oh yes, actually they do fit !!

still cant decide, turbo or supercharge, ive read alot, and its an on going debate hey.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi boundsw,

I have to say that that site looks pretty dodgy to me. I think they are based in the States, so you'd have potentail problems if you had to try and send stuff back if it was not right. Secondly, american kit has just got alot more expensive because of the exchange rate drop.

My advice: go turbo, not supercharged. I've just taken my supercharger off and am having a turbo kit fitted. The torque and delivery of a turbo is better. I really liked my 'charger but the turbo will be a monster. Save up and buy the best turbo bits you can. Do it in stages when you can afford it. Don't rush into buying cheap stuff..you'll end up being disappointed and buying the expensive kit anyway! I know..I've been there.

HTH

All good and sensible advice /\

It may appear as if the world and his dog are turboing their VR for peanuts at the moment' date=' but very few people will admit to the TRUE cost of doing it. It does and can get very expensive.

[/quote']

Well said. There is NO cheap way with VR6 and Turbo. Parts will break, if you dont do it right.

Or parts will break, no matter what is more true.

It all depends on what upgrades you do, with what boost pressure you choose to run.

I asume all VRT owners have been there and done that:) Myself included.

Yeah you've been through an SQS box I read on the Vortex? Or 3rd was faulty or something? That's unlucky! Very strong gears though.

Up to a bar of boost and things are reasonably happy and you can just use a spacer. Double that boost and beyond - it gets really expensive!!

What spark plugs do you use out of interest?

Yeah you've been through an SQS box I read on the Vortex? Or 3rd was faulty or something? That's unlucky! Very strong gears though.

Up to a bar of boost and things are reasonably happy and you can just use a spacer. Double that boost and beyond - it gets really expensive!!

What spark plugs do you use out of interest?

SQS box is fine. But it was a production fault on third gear, so I needed to replace it. Its unlucky, yes.

More unlucky was that the guy that are SQS went to hospital, and I have still not got my new gear. Almost three month's.

Car hasnt been running since 6th of july. So now its gonna stay until all the snow is gone.

Ive been running BKR7E with stock gap. I saw you had writen some stuff on a spark plug thread I had on the Vortex. The BKR is cheap, and work nice. But I asume there are better spark plugs out there than that.

And like you say: Up to 1 bar, is fine. But after that, gears and clutche's have a tendency so break..

Stock 12V VR6 engine with headspacer can take a little more than that.

My stock obd2 engine have a C2 8.5:1 spacer, and the 42# fuel setup was peaking at 1.4 bar. No engine issue's what so ever.