What would you get if you was to sell your vr6

As above just a thought i have been having i always said i would never get rid of my highline but been thinking recently about what i would get if i was to and i have been thinking about getting a mk4 gti anniversary but as i say i dont no if i would be happy in getting rid of the highline

Whats your thoughts and what would you get if you sold your vr6

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how long have you had it for? Iv thought about it a few times but just can't do it. il give you one tip though. Don't drive your vr6 for about a week or 2 and drive something else during that time thats in the same price region as the vr6. You will realise how good the vr6 is, Sometimes we just take things for granted after we had it for a certain amount of time.

The cars that i considered buying was either the mk4 r32 or the anniversary gti.

Personally i don't think there worth enough to sell atm' date='

Id rather get a nice daily aswell as and keep my VR in a garage as my fast project toy always making it faster

"old VWs don't die, they just get faster"

[/quote']

yeh thats what i probably do. Gotta love the VR!

well i dont have a vr6 but if u wana get a mk 4 nd u cant afford an r32 just get a 4motion there better than the mk4 anni. i was gona have the anni over the 4motion untill i drove it as i think there is no comparison!! plus u dont lose that noise so its the best of both worlds. plus the 4motion system allows u 2 drive like a nutcase what ever the weather which the anni dont

well i dont have a vr6 but if u wana get a mk 4 nd u cant afford an r32 just get a 4motion there better than the mk4 anni. i was gona have the anni over the 4motion untill i drove it as i think there is no comparison!! plus u dont lose that noise so its the best of both worlds. plus the 4motion system allows u 2 drive like a nutcase what ever the weather which the anni dont

Words spoken by your typical non Anniversary Mk4 owner,

Maybe I could shed some light on this as I had my VR6 for 4 years and have recently sold if for an anniversary,

Its a lovely and very rare car with lots of unique touches, you get a brilliant standard spec such as recaros, 18in RC's, aluminuium interior, ect,

Mines ahd a few tweaks and runs about 230bhp and 260filb, its the torque I notice most really makes the VR feel very slugish as it comes in from about 2.5k, as for the the 4motion theres not a lot you can do too them and IMO the R32 needs more power considering its weight let alone the 4motion, they really are heavy cars with all the 4wd system, my old VR used too piss 4mo's off! The anniversary also returns a strong 30mpg with fairly spirited driving and done 38mpg too edition38 (270miles for me),

I orgininally was after a S3 but couldnt get a decnt enough one for under 9k so saved a packet and bought the anni for much less, you also find that most of them are enthusiast owned and very well look after,

I know it doesnt have the noise but hey ho,

So whats your thoughts on the anni thats the only mk4 i would want my missus should be taking delivery of her mk4 gti turbo this week i thought i would see what i thought of that and then if i liked that would possibly look at getting myself an anniversary next year so do you miss your vr6 or are you completly happy with your anni