Vr6 to what exactly.......

I had a bit of a go against one of them a while back, was pretty even. He got away slightly midrange then I caught up in the top end and had to change gear early to stop going into the back of it. Before the schrick as well.

Nice cars though, id imagine a chip would do wonders.

i like em especially the coupe think its 1 of the nicest lookin cars around but i wouldnt swap, the build quality aint as good and how reliable dya think a vauxhal 2l turbos gonna b compared to the vr lump then theres the power delivery the noise the street sleeper effect (was that a golf that just flew past) etc etc hehe

Madmonkee, is the one you're looking at the 2.0 Turbo or the 2.2 N/A model?

I've driven the Turbo and it's bloody stonking.

I don't think that the Mk3 looks dated, but with petrol about to crack the 90p/litre mark very soon, I am seriously thinking about letting my VR6 go too.

2.0 turbo.... of course. Im looking at the astra GSI 2.0 Turbo. s fancy a new car you see. Been to lots of vauxhall shows cos me m8 is bit of a mian dood in the vauxhall world. Every time ive been its been a case of mmmmmmm that GSi looks nice :P Another m8 of mine got a gsi too, hes running 260bhp with just a few mods. Most expensive being the amd remap. Still want one :P But the vr is still so lush.... gonna be hard to let go of it :(

astra coupe's are very nice actually...and all come with decent engines. not so keen on the hatchbacks though, although the 2.2 or turbo is pretty nice. i've only driven a brand new 2.2 a few years ago and it was quite quick.

i'm starting to seriously consider loosing the vr6...does anyone reckon theres anyway i can get lucky and get £3500 for it? i've known people get lucky when selling cars before.

Hey Dean...

Have you looked into the cost of parts and servicing?? If memory serves... you can ONLY take the car to the dealers for servicing, no where else as the software to Tech 2 is not available on the aftermarket, then theres alternative parts market...Do you know of any?? I sure don't ..afterall it's not as if you can just stroll into yer local GSF and order parts for a GSI now can you??

I'd look at an Early R32 or an S3 or better yet an S4...

Wha'dya say buddie ? does it have potential???

Hey Dean...

Have you looked into the cost of parts and servicing?? If memory serves... you can ONLY take the car to the dealers for servicing' date=' no where else as the software to Tech 2 is not available on the aftermarket, then theres alternative parts market...Do you know of any?? I sure don't ..afterall it's not as if you can just stroll into yer local GSF and order parts for a GSI now can you??

I'd look at an Early R32 or an S3 or better yet an S4...

Wha'dya say buddie ? does it have potential???[/quote']

vauxhall servicing isn't that pricey...hell of a lot less than vw. same goes for parts prices, and you can get stuff from cafco's and similar places.

oh, and this is a big point...vauxhalls, in my experience, are much more reliable than vw's. and usually if they do break its something mechanical as opposed to electrical, so you don't need your fault codes checked every week.

i'm sure the software can be found to do your own diagnostics anyway ;)

by the way, if you want a fast new car check out the 'bug-eyed' scoobies ('00-'03 i think), they are a serious bargain. theres one on ebay at £8500 with 15k on it, though most are around £10k. but when you consider what they cost new, thats mental. put it this way, thats the same cost as a similar age/mileage mkIV golf 1.8T.

Bit negative this thread, am i getting the impression people are getting fed up with their VRs?

Ive started to look around as well though, and started to seriously consider other makes (3 litre twin turbo for 4grand anyone?)

acf8181, if i were selling i might start advertising at £3500, but be open to offers as there seem to be LOADS for sale at a lot less.

so was i a complete idiot for paying 4300 for a vr6 highline with 68K??

you lot have all lost the vr6 grin, put in 2nd then put foot down, in your vr6...that will ensure you keep the car.

I dont see why people are calling the vr6 dated and replacing it with more powerful cars that probably wiegh more.

All the new cars are new powerful, but their 0-60 and 30-60 and 60-100 are all close to the vr becuase of weights...although i have to admit, the vr6 is a heavy bastard.

It uses a retarded amount of petrol too.

and i've had it 1.5 weeks....but i wouldnt let it go :)

[ Edited Wed Sep 29 2004, 05:55PM ]

i'm starting to seriously consider loosing the vr6...does anyone reckon theres anyway i can get lucky and get £3500 for it? i've known people get lucky when selling cars before.

LOl... last year I sold my M plate 8v gti for £3700 with 85k on the clock.... but no I doubt you'll get anywhere near £3500 tbh (unless you're in no hurry to sell and can wait for that dream buyer)

as for reliability I think you've been unlucky mate... I dont think VW are less reliable than Vauxhall.... compare how many mk2 golfs you see on the road to say astras of the same age?

LOl... last year I sold my M plate 8v gti for £3700 with 85k on the clock.... but no I doubt you'll get anywhere near £3500 tbh (unless you're in no hurry to sell and can wait for that dream buyer)

as for reliability I think you've been unlucky mate... I dont think VW are less reliable than Vauxhall.... compare how many mk2 golfs you see on the road to say astras of the same age?

i may advertise it for £3500 on free sites, such as our classifieds. i'd probably take £3k though, its just not worth selling it unless i get at least that. i know there are lots of cheaper ones out there...mine has had new chains and tensioners though, and shinyness can help ;)

i know it'll prob be reliable once i get this last fault code sorted, but i've just had enough. i'm also not enjoying my new suspension...and the lure of a pug 306 gti-6 is getting larger.

my 13/14/15 year old nova's never broke (i had a few!)