raced a mk5 r32

i have raced / followed a mk5 R32 and there was no way i could keep up with it' date='

i was sat @ 140mph ( private run way officer) and he was jus pulling and pulling away till we got to the end and stopped at a round about , he giv me a nod and a thumbs up then shot out of site,

[/quote']

Ive never seen a runway with a round-about on it!!! :-d ;) (ap)

Come on guys please. I was running a charged VR with nigh on 290hp and I still only just reeled in a MKVR. There isn't a chance a standard or cam'd VR will live with an MKIV or MKV R and i'm saying this from experience! ;)

my 320 hp vr MURDERS mk4 r32s trust me iv got 1 lol

my vr vs r32 at the pod

ps the vr6 weighs 1155kg the r32 weighs 1500kg! so there is a big diffrence stock for stock a vr has no chance

i have raced / followed a mk5 R32 and there was no way i could keep up with it' date='

i was sat @ 140mph ( private run way officer) and he was jus pulling and pulling away till we got to the end and stopped at a round about , he giv me a nod and a thumbs up then shot out of site,

[/quote']

Ive never seen a runway with a round-about on it!!! :-d ;) (ap)

lol... theres loads of them about

Come on guys please. I was running a charged VR with nigh on 290hp and I still only just reeled in a MKVR. There isn't a chance a standard or cam'd VR will live with an MKIV or MKV R and i'm saying this from experience! ;)

my vr vs r32 at the pod

ps the vr6 weighs 1155kg the r32 weighs 1500kg! so there is a big diffrence stock for stock a vr has no chance

And your point is? Were we talking about 320hp VRs? I think thats pretty obvious fella.

my vr vs r32 at the pod

And your point is? Were we talking about 320hp VRs? I think thats pretty obvious fella.

you say ur 280 hp vr was only just quicker than a stock r im disagreein mate :)

as for rotrex r32 i havnt got mine yet ;) the r32 is more capble and a better start point but i think the vr will always be that bit more special to me

Well i can judge from experience with a my old MK4 R32 and my mates stripped out schrick manifold and breathed on 2.9 VR6 Golf track car (the engine is from a CVR6 BTW)

And from a standing start i pulled about 3 cars by 60mph and i kept pulling, bearing in mind i had to Revo map and fit a Carbonio and Milltek to beat my mates MK5 R32 it kinda puts the original point into perspective, and as Jay rightly points out there is not a hope in hell a VR6 with cams etc will keep up,

Hell my mk4 anni diesel has shown a good pulling VR6 Golf a clean pair of heels to 60mph

Well i can judge from experience with a my old MK4 R32 and my mates stripped out schrick manifold and breathed on 2.9 VR6 Golf track car (the engine is from a CVR6 BTW)

And from a standing start i pulled about 3 cars by 60mph and i kept pulling' date=' bearing in mind i had to Revo map and fit a Carbonio and Milltek to beat my mates MK5 R32 it kinda puts the original point into perspective, and as Jay rightly points out there is not a hope in hell a VR6 with cams etc will keep up,

Hell my mk4 anni diesel has shown a good pulling VR6 Golf a clean pair of heels to 60mph

[/quote']

my experiances were diffrent mine was running 220 ish hp cams and remap but no schrick iv had 2 plays with 3.2s (1 mk4 r32 and a 3.2 audi a3) both times it was from about 30 mph and both times nobody pulled away

I totally agree that around a track a mk5 r32 would make a vr look very silly indeed!

But in a straight line i am still not sure?

The orignal argument/discussion is would a r32 standard beat a vr with cams chip ex/airfilter' date='i think it would be close?

mk5 r32 4wd 250bhp and around 1500kg vs mk3 vr fwd 200+bhp and around 1220kg

[/quote']

mk5 r32 4wd 250bhp and around 1500kg = 166bhp/ton[/b

]

mk3 vr fwd 200+bhp and around 1220kg = 164bhp/ton

over 60mph the r32 with its torq (sp) would up and go

2.5 M tec sport with 17 hartage alloys

nice bmw but r u not lost as this is vr6 owners club ?

2.7 m tec sport with 18" alpina reps. ;)

and no, am not lost i know exactly where iam, i did not know to join a forum you had to have a specific car. :-(

but if it makes you feel better most of my mates have VR6's supercharged, polo chrged with over 210hp (never seen a car he lost to) mk3 cab vr6, mk1 1.8t 340hp, i like vw's but i drive a bm i like getting the arse end out at any given time, i have a lot of respect for a Vr6, thats why am here :)

nice vr in your avator do you have a link to your pic thread? and where about in london are you, i work by the old kent road, do you know a guy called daren the guru?

Sorry mate i just had to jump on the bandwagon regarding lost issue not meant to offend and i hope my apology is accepted nice to be nice and all that ,but i do hate those f$uCk*iNG bmw drivers though :-p

In regards to Wilson325i if it was not for him i would not have found this forum and also Vdubgirl who's car was featured on wilson325i's website about 2 years ago. As for the race i would have loved to see that, all the ducking and diving out the traffic sounds a little dangerous though, but at the time i bet it was fun. try to get some footage on the mobile next time ;)