GTI International 21 - 22 June 2008 - Club Display

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i was supposed to be going for the whole weekend. ended up camping friday night and going to the show yesterday, then packed up and came home as thought it was crap tbh. the weather was rubbish, but the show was pretty crap too in my opinion, not many traders, not many club displays/show cars and not many people there either, the car park wasn't very busy at all.

so next year, i will mostly just be going for the sunday i think!

bring on BVF in a couple of weeks! :D

went today £17 per person i thought on the high side

when volksfest is a tenner £10

weather was sunny but had a bitter wind

saw some nice cars and had a good tear up with me mates going down but traffic coming back

not the best or worst day out but maybe next year i might miss it out

any one like to comment on the days avents

Shame some of you didn't enjoy inters.

I've just got had a crackin weekend. Bit soggy on Saturday but the sun came out today.

Overal Great weekend. I think it was a little quiet due to the poor weather forcast but at least the sun came out today.

Great strip action today and some really nice cars in the Club parking and show and shine

Top stuff :)

i'll get some pics up in the next day or so

i went for sat couldnt go on sun looked for the club display thought it was poor turnout at three cars .as i am also member of club gti manchester had already commited to that display but there are loads of you on here and three cars tut tut show was good though picked up a few things

i went sun and thought it was good. managed to chat to one of the guys on the stand, there was only 1 car at that time, he mentioned others on strip.

didn't think it was that bad, alot of people said not many were knocking about on sat, there were more on sun.

wasn't expecting alot so not soo dissapointed.

good to chat to whoever it was i chatted to on sun. :D

There are some pics up on the GMVW website. We're in the process of putting a load more pictures of the weekend and we have a load of Vid footage to put up as well http://www.gmvw.co.uk/gti%20international%20june%2008.htm

Yeah VR6OC Club display was very dissapointing and it was a shame as all the other clubs we're out in force.

I heard good things from the Newport edition guys about the new campsite aswell.

The weather can't be helped and overall inters was a top show again this year with plenty of stuff going on, the Dubmasters thing was a brillant idea and strip action and show and shine was plentiful both days :)

show was a bit of a wash out sunday, couldnt even find the vroc stand to come introduce myself, was more a small gathering than an international vw show, this was my 1st time at inters and i gotta say im dissapointed and doubt i'll go next year, some nice cars on display and some good deals on the trade stands but thats about it im afraid for me

Attended Sunday with my VR parked on the Derby/Notts pitch. I expected the event to be bigger, saying that it was good; quarter mile run was entertaining as was the dub-masters competition. Some nice looking cars on show. Found the VR owners pitch and introduced myself to a fellow member who was having a nightmare fitting some new indicators (hope you sorted fella). Would attend again if the admission price is reduced.

I dont know guys at the end of the day shows are what you make of them regardless of what show you are at.

I went with 25 people and we all had a cracking time and we cant wait to go back next year. I can see why if you attended the club display you we're dissapointed but we can't force people to go to shows and display there cars I did advertise the club diplay for quite sometime but it seems people have got so negative about this show that they are no longer willing to go along and have a good time with fellow dubbers and at the end of the day thats what the shows are really about.

I enjoy the likes of shows such as inters and spring and summer festivals at pod mainly because you get a good mix of show cars and motorsport. Show and shine shows are far to full of glory boys and girls now and I really cant be fussed with looking round cars which never see the light of day unless there is a show and shine event on.

I agree about the prices as I think they should maybe charge £20 for the whole weekend and maybe £10 sat and £15 for sunday. But saying that I'm happy to pay £25 for both days as I think its good value for money for a whole weekend.

I'm not autometrix's biggest fan and I think the problems with inters is there lack of interest in the general VW scene, other than the events they organise themslves and get money from.

If people want to write some constructive critism about the show I am happy to contact the organisers with it.

hi guys went sunday was bit naff,as for quite some time i was on our stand all by my lonesome!! ha..nice to speak to few of you guys,MANZI good to talk dude.it was i havin probs fittin the fogs n indicators,took them back in the end there were a rubbish fit!! Anyone else had probs with the FK stuff? Anybody make any other crystal black fogs n indicators? Overall ad gud day got some bargains(which is always gud) cheers peeps

Seems a shame that this show has gotten so bad over the years.

Most people I speak to say it get's worse as the years go on. If it was far cheaper then perhaps more people would go !

In fairness the weather seems to hit them every year but surely it would make sense in that case to move the date and try another time of year ?

I think there are to many shows in a season that this one now rarely get's a look in and is not at the top of many peoples list.

I went last year and was hugely dissapointed in the show but at the same time I still was planning on going to this for the sunday but totally forgot it was on ! Simply no buzz surrounding it to make people aware of it !

I really don't know what to make of this show anymore. . . . :-(

Mark.

i was gutted it was the first time i had been in five years last time i went it was at brentwaters which was bad so i give it ago again it was okay but nothing to shout about it is a lot smaller than the first time i went 10 year ago god i feel old lol anyone know a good show i mean good my missis came to inters as her first car show and need to take her to a show that will blow her away

E38 mate. if its top notch quality modified VWs you want (but not much else) E38 is the one to go to. Best watercooled show i have been to by far!! If your missus isn't into the car thang and just wants to potter around the trade stands etc...it probably isn't the best for that.