Bought this last weekend, its a fully spec'd VR6 Colour Concept.

Image016.jpg

Image015.jpg

Has every option virtually possible, Climatronic, Cruise Control, Heated Recaro's, Rear Headrests, Sunroof, factory immobiliser with Votex remote, and it also has a 6 Disc CD changer and the Nokia DSP (Digital Sound Processor) that normally only comes in the European 20th Anniversary's GTI's :D

More pics to follow soon as the car needs a good clean inside and outside.

Oh and a quick question (did search but didn't find anything) how do you remove the VR6-DOHC cover and the plastic covers for the HT-Leads? I have removed the 4 spline screws and can see the 2 screws holding down the VR6-DOHC cover but it seems some how stuck in the top left corner, any ideas? Don't really want to yank it off and break it...

Finally got round to giving it a clean today, not the nest of jobs but its starting to look better but is going to need quite a bit of work!!!

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

In this picture you can see how faded the rear spoiler is, gonna paint it later ;)

IMG_0054.jpg

Also you can see how bad the leather was, passenger seat has not be cleaned were as the drivers side has! :blink: (all be it not that well :P:lol:)

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

Small update, started stripping my lights down gonna paint them.

Here is a quick pic of them stripped ready to be masked and painted.

IMG_0060.jpg

Not sure on what colour but more than likely "Black Magic" like the car... :unsure:

Also car is in the garage tomorrow for a small service and hopefully my friend can give the car a quick once over and see if there maybe any parts that need sorting out in the near future i.e. chains, clutch, etc.

• 1 month later...

OK so decided to strip the interior out to give it a damn good clean as it is so damn filthy. Any way was greated by the following once i got the rear seats out :(

IMG_0022.jpg

On a plus point got most of the interior out! :D

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

Rear lights are now back in and the drivers seat so i can use it for work.

Also anyone know how rare these are, never seen them before... :unsure:

IMG_0023.jpg

Always thought the door catches were sort of bronze/gold colour. Never seen black and i don't think they are custom either...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interior is back in with something new.. ;)

Image014.jpg

Plus the suspension is now fitted :D

Image012.jpg

Image013.jpg

Just need to have an alignment and then it can be dropped a little more.

Looking forward to the good weather then i can take the steel wheels off (winter tyres) and get some decent rims on the car :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nothing new at the moment just been checkking the plugs to see if the car is using oil. Seem OK maybe a little bit of oil on No. 6

AllPlugs.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Leak.jpg

Plus the Thermostat housing is leaking so needs to be replaced but will get done when i do the clutch and chains.

Also is this normal or should i have a yellow tube on the dipstic, the car is a 11/1996 model.

Dipstick.jpg

• 1 month later...

Little update on what's been happening, got some small chrome bits from Justin (no pics yet) so those parts have been fitted.

Oh and yeah i took the engine out this week (and its still out :blink: ) :D:D

Here are a few pics from this week so far...

Front off

IMG_0001.jpg

Exhaust came apart quite easily!

IMG_0002.jpg

Few bits laying about, might put them up on eBay if they become surplus to requirements :P

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Dirty gearbox :(

IMG_0008.jpg

Engine out! :ph43r:

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Half way through doing the chains, lower one is still the old one

IMG_0009.jpg

The Autotech has been a bit of a hassle to fit but BIG thanks to Jon and Mark for assistance and tips! :D

These two holes on the ring gear had to be enlarged as they didn't line up with the flywheel.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Flywheel finally fitted! :D

IMG_0014.jpg

Chains done and been put back together

IMG_0015.jpg

Starting to resemble an engine again

IMG_0016.jpg

Have to replace the water pump as well as the bearing is shot, too much play. Plus when we took it out it had been leaking through the 3 screws/bolts which hold it to the block! :blink:

More updates to come over the next couple of days once it goes back in the car

Samco's are now fitted and most of the engine is now done and it was put back in the car last Friday! :)

Fired up first time, here is another picture, more to come when i get some time to get some new pics of the finsihed overhaul! :)

IMG_0019.jpg

Got my TT wheels back fully polished and tyres were fitted today.

Car's not clean and it needs to go lower but need some arch work first before it can be dropped and here is a picture of the new finished engine bay.

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

Polished TT Parabols

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...