Hi, i've recently changed my oil to fully synthetic oil as recommended by Halfords from their oil book B) (should it be fully synthetic) and now my VR seems to be developing a kinda tick tick ticking sound especially at low revs.

Any ideas as to what this ticking is and if it's related to the oil change and what should i do to sort it, i'm getting paranoid that i'm doing her some damage :(

Cheers!

Why is synthetic associated with being thin ?! - you can get thick synthetic (for expample Mobil 1 Motorsport 15W/50and thin semi synthetic (for expample Magnetec 5W/30).......

Its the viscosity rating that denote how thick the oil is not the fact its synthetic.

possibly noise is he tappets pressurising but this should only last for a couple of minutes after start up from cold.

You sure its not your injectors firing??

Pete.

why don't you all use a good quality oil like what the dealers use i.e SYNTA SILVER.this is a semi synthetic based oil which is avaliable from the dealers at very resonable price too.

and which is recommened for vr6 by many people

dealers

stealth racing

peolple on the forum

[ Edited Thu Aug 26 2004, 08:33AM ]

Why is synthetic associated with being thin ?! - you can get thick synthetic (for expample Mobil 1 Motorsport 15W/50and thin semi synthetic (for expample Magnetec 5W/30).......

Its the viscosity rating that denote how thick the oil is not the fact its synthetic.

I didn't know that.. You learn something every day. :)