Bye Bye Highline - R.I.P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still haggling over the payout at the moment........the bloke said that they'd give me between £3500-£4250 :o .......good job the bloke was on the other end of the phone for his sake!

Not even asked about buying it back yet.

Managed to salvage the rims, coilovers & backbox (believe it or not).........rest of the system was squashed.

Basically the whole boot floor looked like Mt. Everest.....the car was about 6-9 inches shorter!

Tommy will host some pics in a bit.

>

>

>

>

>

>

Oh and my luck didn't get any better.......I got a hire car through the insurance company, '04 plate new shape Astra.....had it 24 hours before in the the early hours of Friday morning.........some little scroat decided to burn down the car ports at the flats where i live!!! Hire car and 8 others were destroyed!

Pics to follow.

Bit of a double whammy on the bad luck front there mate :o - still metal can be replaced (lets hope you get another VR 8o) ) body parts cant (although Michael Jackson trys pretty hard)....

Glad your ok - what hit you up the arse ?!

Pete.

fuckkkk

lost for words!!

Was the VR in the fire or was it moved on by then?

No it was the courtesy car that went up in smoke....sad thing is, the vr was doomed..........if it did'nt get hit up the arse the weekend before it would have gone up the following week in the fire :(

Was it through bad driving or bad road/weather conditions?

You are one unlucky person m8! Like the others said at least you managed to salvage something from it. Maybe somebody 'up there' doesnt like the new Astra? :-)

[ Edited Mon Aug 23 2004, 08:54PM ]

Mark thats awful luck. &|

On the insurance front, all I can say, it try to find as many used car adverts for Highlines as an example of what they actually go for. I have heard of people doing this and having the payout upped as a result.

Good luck and I hope you find another one soon.

OMG I dont know what to say :? So sorry to hear about that minty (big hug from vdubgirl)

I hope you get another Vr soon if you dont i'll get you E38 money back to you somehow if not I'll have to buy you a drink or something at the RR day as I'm sure you'll have something nice an shiney by then :)