Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

Aswad! HELL YEAH! The main reason i bought it was to just have some fun and forget about the show and shine nonsense for a while. ;-) Look forward to seeing you again you smooth talking bar steward.

Ben: Cheers mate. Its a '79 swallow tail. Its got a 6a bottom end with a m2 16V top end. Quaife ATB and a load of other bits. I need to upgrade the brakes before i go, and fit a decent oil cooler- so if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thnks for the heads up on the hotel.

Craggsy: How do fella, Hows things? Long time no speak.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aswad! HELL YEAH! The main reason i bought it was to just have some fun and forget about the show and shine nonsense for a while. ;-) Look forward to seeing you again you smooth talking bar steward.

You've conveniently forgotten that your track car is rather bling. You'd do well at a show and shine' date=' or around a track. Well, provided you put a decent driver in the driving seat. Did you ever find that parking space?

Ben: Cheers mate. Its a '79 swallow tail. Its got a 6a bottom end with a m2 16V top end. Quaife ATB and a load of other bits. I need to upgrade the brakes before i go, and fit a decent oil cooler- so if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thnks for the heads up on the hotel.

Get some TT brakes and be done with it, or do you want to keep the diddy wheels because they look nice? :-p

Cheers,

Andy

just come into loads of wonga so i don't have to do the mk2 on the cheap anymore...

Not in a bad way I hope' date=' but suspect I'm wrong :-(

It'll be good to have you along Pete. I promise not to run you off the track this time.

TG

[/quote']

Hi Nigel, not in a bad way, thankfully! I've got my work cut out to get a car built for March...

ok, im a defo to attend... where do i book my ferry?

If I dont get the car built in time... 122 days to go.... can i tag along with someone else? :)

I'm looking at a mk2 VR6 this weekend, i now have a gearbox sorted too. so the built will start in earnest as soon as I have purchased a mk2...

ok' date=' im a defo to attend... where do i book my ferry?

If I dont get the car built in time... 122 days to go.... can i tag along with someone else? :)

I'm looking at a mk2 VR6 this weekend, i now have a gearbox sorted too. so the built will start in earnest as soon as I have purchased a mk2...

[/quote']

Book your ferry on SpeedFerries. First journey on Friday, and last on Monday, I think. You're more than welcome to a rear seat in my motor if all else fails. If Dave chickens out, you're welcome to a front seat!

Cheers,

Andy

breaking news:TÃœV approval required for TF from 2008!

- All German cars, (which must by law TÃœV approved) will be allowed, provided that they can produce TÃœV certificates/papers for any modifications on the car on demand

- Non German cars which are standard will be allowed(*)

- Non German cars which are modified will be allowed provided they can produce TÃœV certificates/papers for all modifications on demand.

not sure how true it is?

breaking news:TÃœV approval required for TF from 2008!

- All German cars' date=' (which must by law TÃœV approved) will be allowed, provided that they can produce TÃœV certificates/papers for any modifications on the car on demand

- Non German cars which are standard will be allowed(*)

- Non German cars which are modified will be allowed provided they can produce TÃœV certificates/papers for all modifications on demand.

not sure how true it is?

[/quote']

How can we get TÃœV approval of modifications here in the UK?

Taken from the Ringers Forum discussion about this -

"An official meeting has taken place, several people from the TF forum where present as well as officials from the N-GmbH.

Foreign cars are not required to have TÃœV papers, however they may not be allowed on track if deemed unsafe, too loud etc"

The current thinking on the Ringers Forum is that they will use it to keep Max Power cars off the track/away, hooray, and to make sure obviously race prep'd cars have been done properly.

Andy might, what am I saying, WOULD have had a problem with the Beemer but since he is now going for a 'rental', which all have TUV certification, everything should be OK. After all most Golf mods come form Germany where everything sold has to be TUV approved.