Mint Rallye on the bay

Very nice car, hes been trying to sell that for months though......i loved my Rallye and would gladly have another....but not a standard one, mine was chipped, stage 4 charger, H&R coilovers, de cat......285 cam etc etc, in standard form they "go alright" but when worked on they are far far better.

its weird becase if that car had 75k on the clock and was 220 bhp someone would give 6k for it immediately...it seems perverse that such a stunning condition car isnt worth his asking price......but it is a H reg mk2 golf.....albeit a very rare and nice example....cant see him getting over 8k for it personally...its a museum piece now really i would be too scared to drive it!!!!

Maybe I'm a bit out of line here, but as far as I can see it's a mk2 Golf with a body kit - though I've been out of the country for 10 years I don't ever remember the Rallye being heralded as a jaw dropping must-have, and I'm sure there are much better second hand cars available for ten grand.

I'm completely with purple highline monster on this one, and cannot understand why sticking a car in a garage for a few years should warrant a huge hike in price. - Still, good luck to the guy all the same :)

why do you think it look horrible' date=' is that just cos you don't like Rallyes?

[/quote']

Looks like a cardboard box on wheels. i dont dislike rallyes, never even seen one before.

That maybe your opinion but i find that quite offensive, there a very rare car now and have alot of repect for them as do most dubbers, have you just got into vw's or something? 'card board box' thats come across as very sarcastic to me....i fookin love the cars. there some sweet vr6 ones one here inc a vr6 turbo.

Maybe I'm a bit out of line here' date=' but as far as I can see it's a mk2 Golf with a body kit - though I've been out of the country for 10 years I don't ever remember the Rallye being heralded as a jaw dropping must-have, and I'm sure there are much better second hand cars available for ten grand.

I'm completely with purple highline monster on this one, and cannot understand why sticking a car in a garage for a few years should warrant a huge hike in price. - Still, good luck to the guy all the same :)

[/quote']

Its not just a mk2 golf with a body kit! its got 4 wheel drive, one off entire shell, and a supercharged engine as standard. its a limited edition classic

They are etremely rare now, think only 500 were built or something stupid, 10grand is just the asking price, and based on the low miles, they go for as lttle as 3 grand on average/ok miles

the rallye is a piece of classic german engineering which was cutting edge at the time u say its not worth 10k but to a collecter its worth every peny would u say an audi quatro is worth 15k? which is the going rate on autotrader for good examples. these cars are epic cars for their age and if i came into some money i would buy these cars before any modern cars in this order

1.Quatro

2. rallye

3.rado vr6

not because they are good cars because they are automotive classics

If everyone liked the same things it would be a very boring world. Yes i new to golfs but i not heavily into them. i brought my vr as i loved the sound and shape and mainly it was cheap. But i have never been keen on mark 2's and just because it rare i aint gonna change my opinion.

the rallye is a piece of classic german engineering which was cutting edge at the time u say its not worth 10k but to a collecter its worth every peny would u say an audi quatro is worth 15k? which is the going rate on autotrader for good examples. these cars are epic cars for their age and if i came into some money i would buy these cars before any modern cars in this order

1.Quatro

2. rallye

3.rado vr6

not because they are good cars because they are automotive classics

:o they are good cars! ;)

yer i agree with that list and need to add a mint Mk1 GTI cabby :)

Anyone who is really into the whole dub seen, in fact anyone who is clued up on their cars, would understand the "hype" around a Rallye and respects it for its sheer originality.

I am Not being funny to anyone who has expressed a dislike for the asthetics of the Rallyes appearance............but i Gaurantee my old Rallye could see off and out handle imprezas, 330`s, vr6`s, and all manner of other stuff, its an awesome little car just like a mini UR Quatro is the best way to describe it, maybe its arches arent everyones tast.. but it certainly isnt a bodykit...its all metal and all 5000 that were built were don at VW`s motorsport plant in Brussels Belgium, i personally think its a stunning car and if you ever get the chance to own one or even just have a drive of one you will be very fortunate....

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1188212138_2067_FT190977_img_0157.jpg]1188212138_2067_FT190977_img_0157_.jpg[/lightbox]

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1188212138_2067_FT190977_img_0205.jpg]1188212138_2067_FT190977_img_0205_.jpg[/lightbox]

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1188212313_2067_FT190977_img_0196.jpg]1188212313_2067_FT190977_img_0196_.jpg[/lightbox]

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1188212313_2067_FT190977_img_0192.jpg]1188212313_2067_FT190977_img_0192_.jpg[/lightbox]

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1188212313_2067_FT190977_img_0168.jpg]1188212313_2067_FT190977_img_0168_.jpg[/lightbox]

I would have one at the drop of a hat.......wanted one before i bought the VR but a decent example was about £5k and didn't want to spend that much. Only reason for not buying one tho'.

The tuning possiblilites on them are huge, even just sticking with original engine you can get over 200bhp from simple mods

no need to get so wound up about it i agree with you its a classic ansd the guys who dont like it are missing the point a bit but theres no need to get anoyed about it its just an opinion

i get wound up easily mate

Wots not to like??? Dub ! 4-wheel drive !!! Quick Car !!! & now a classic :)

LHD is not to like:(

apart from that its all good:)

:) Whats wrong with left hand drive then? you soon get used to it, if your a decent driver, especially when you end up holding the door handle instead of changing gear :$ or putting your right hand up to grab the seat belt :$ ......you do switch off sometimes and forget, particularly at petrol stations when you have to pretend you were "just checking something" as you open the wrong door!! ;) i drove over 100 miles back from when i picked my Rallye up in Reading, all motorways!!! it really isnt a problem to drive lhd in this country....the only place its a bit awkward is in barrier car parks and Mcsh*t drive throughs...but i NEVER eat that shi*e and NEVER leave my cars in toilet local authority rip off car parks ;) and as craggsy says it only cost me 1k to get mine from a 160bhp totally standard Rallye to a fire breathing 220bhp monster that had the 4x4 system struggling to keep grip on occasions upto 3rd gear!!! i would love another one too.......if i could buy my old one back or get hold of one in blue that was as good i would have it tommorow!

hell no.....im not saying its worth 10k.....well it is and it isnt....only really due to its low mileage etc but i doubt he will ever get that for it........4-6k will get a decent useable tuned one, when the Rallye was built and offered for sale in 1989-1990 the 70 imported "SE" versions brought to uk were 25k :o the only difference to a Euro spec one was the uk version had leccy windows and the bigger bolstered Recaro seats as standard, which were options on euro ones, everything else was the same as any German, Dutch or French one ;)

• 5 years later...