To everyove with profesionally full mirror polished TT comps

How often do you have to clean them to keep them looking good, what do you use to clean them and do you protect them with wheel wax or anything?

Just want to know how durable the finish is or whats involved to maintain them b4 I decide weather to get the polishing done as i know that the shinier they will be the more chance of scratching them/dulling the finish will be

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I use autosol on mine every couple of weeks just to get rid of the light scratches and just soap and water every time i clean the car. Brasso wadding is good for a quick buff up and also meguiars nxt wax is great the first time i used it i didnt wash my wheels for 3 weeks (yes, gasp, shock horror) and literally the dirt just fell of even with just a cloth!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You can but the difference between DIY polish and pro polish is massive and if you laquer them they loose a fair bit of the mirror effect and when compared with unlaquered they look slightly dirty.

I may have found a solution though so will post up the results when Ive got it sorted (end jan)

I still have mine on now, was going to get winter wheels but TBH if i give them a soap wash and wipe down every 3-4 days and a polish every 2-3 weeks they stay looking shinny. I will however have them professionally polished again nearer the show time to get out some of the swirls that i have added.