NUMBER PLATES!!!! German Font

Peeps, on my way to work this mornin, 650am, unmarked BMW 3 series nabbed me, supposedly be traffic police... TAKE THOSE NUMBER PLATES OFF PLEASE!!! £30 fine, and a bloody producer after 10years!!!!! He initially said leave your car here, go and purchase your reg plates... They are illegal due to having the D on the plate and are not reflective if you get flashed!! The Fcuker could have just givin me a warnin, oh but no, £30 fine too!! After slappin me with the fine and producer, he decided he wanted to have a chat with me and tell me how nice my car looks.. Peeps watch out...It could be you next!!!They're clamping down real heavy now on these German Plates.. But the sillyest fing is ive been stopped before, just a normal stop check by normal traffic cops,(marked motors) and they aint said jack shit to me... Why now??? Be careful!!! Any1 else been pulled??

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1184679616_4915_FT0_nu_plate_small.jpg]1184679616_4915_FT0_nu_plate_small_.jpg[/lightbox]

Automatic Number Plate Recognition. They primarily use it for finding untaxed and uninsured drivers. But each number is logged and kept on record indefinatly even if the car is 100% legit. For security reasons apparently :@

The 'square mile' has had a ring of steel made up of APNR cameras for years now and there's a more recent ring around the Meadowhall shopping center in Sheffield. I wouldn't be surprised if the London congestion charge system now routinely reports to the security services as well.

i have been told this too that there is a major crack down on german style pates, but lookin at yours MJ the spacing does look a little odd probably cuz its 11',

i have em fitted to mine but only on the front and i had GB instead of D i havent had any problems with it yet

Yer i've been ok as well, touch wood. but i only got front ones. Had a lot of police drive past checking the car and myself out (probs to see if its been driven by chav scum!) and so far they've done nothing!

On the point of chav scum, i got pulled and treat COMPLETELY differently the one day i was wearing a cap....! couldnt believe how differently i was treat from times when i havent been wearing a cap. It was like i was a convicted criminal right from the off even though it was "just a routine stop"!

They are cracking down but there's no real consistency though... several people on Phat dubs have been pulled for either incorrect spacing, wrong font, wrong colour and having a D (even though it was a pressed plate with UK font) while others (me included) have been done for white german plates on the back but told the font and D badge were ok!

so if you have german plates chances are you'll get pulled sooner or later for something or other!

yeah i got a fine for my plates, so im back on standard ines now, 12.30 at night im a easy target, guessing they thought id probaly come out of the pub as they breath tested me as well...still, they did have the 'd' on so it my own fault.

Well yes, thats what ive done now, got the UK plates back on, only gonna use the German for Shows and when i Pop down to the monthly ACE Cafe meets..(dont know how long thats gonna last!!!) Thanks peeps for your feedback and comments.. Cheers!

I've had my german plates on for almost 3 years now & have been stopped once in 2005 and given a £30 fine, I drive into London most saturdays and have had police cars behind me loads and driven past a few ANPR cameras and not had any trouble so I think Im just lucky ha ha - mine are reflective tho, surely yours must be?!

At the end of the day if your gonna commit the crime, be prepared to do the time (almost) :-p

I was pulled for mine the other week going up M6, after being followed closely for a couple of a miles.. he let me off but said to change them because it's a new initiative nationally to irradicate ilegal plates beacuse of ANPR because the cameras can't read dosgy plates!!! Screws,fonts,spacing,german plates etc are all gonna get pulled and issued VDR s ( Vehicle defect rectification..........lot of hassle. Mine are off the car ........uk ones look okay anyway and german plates are played out ;)

Surely it shouldn't matter what is in the left hand side of the plate where the "D" or "GB" would be. I've seen some websites that can allow you to have a small "VW" logo in that same space - so would that too be illegal even though the rest of the plate is reflective etc, proper font, totally standard? Most plates (apart from newer cars) don't have anything at all in that left space.

I guess some copknobs are ok, and some aint, the worst thing was as i said after the fcuker gave me the fine, he was nice as pie on how the car looks, the suspension etc!!! Plonka!!!!Late for work too!!!

I had a small VW on the side of mine plus the letters were in italic, ive been done twice in two months £30 each time, there's no law to say you have to change the plate the coppers words were hope this convinces you to change them so ileft it the first time, i decided enough was enough after 60 pound in fines, expensive bloody plates they were turning out to be!!