Insurance advice/help needed please .

ok . cut a long story short i cant afford my insurance as it is . ive been offerd the ability to drive on works trade policy and i will be canceling my insurance now and selling my god damn polo lol.

my main question is what affects preniums more . age or NCB?? i will be wanting my own policy in a couple of yeras ie when im 21 . idealy for a VR . if i cancel my policy now , will i suffer a lot or regret it when i come to get insured again?

hopw this makes sense and thanks for you help and time :)

Liam :)

you will have to bin off your ncb anyway if you cancelling your policy or just letting it run out as ncbs only count if they are in concurrent years i think. You will get a bit of a cheaper quote due to age but nothing really noticable until 25, at which point you tend to start getting it alot cheaper

Adrian flux and elephant ive always used since i was 18 and always have a good price.

If you use adrian flux, Fully join up on here, go to shows and subscribe to magasines like PVW you will get alot better price

do alot of shopping around as some companies dont want your business, but will give you a stupid quote on the off chance you pay it

At my next renewal, on a supercharged vr6 with a shed load of extras im gonna be paying £650 3rdpft, yet another quote i had was £3000!

adding to the previous post^

im only 17 and im struggling , it actually starting to get me down , forever being skint to the extent ive had to toss my room upside down to find enuf change for some fuel to get to work!

id rather start my own policy when they are going to bend me over a little less , or maybe use lube cos they certainly are doin me dry right now lol ;):P .

my sis had a fiat 126 as her 1st car, that thing ran on £10 of petrol a month and the insurance was pennies, you can get them for £150, theyre tiny so you could stick it in ur garage if you have one and just forget about it, but at least you keep ur ncb ticking over, it would save you in the long run probably

ps people put fireblade and hyabusa engines in fiat 126's and they f00king fly!

im 21 m8 and the no claims will reduce the price of ur insurance alot but i couldnt get insured on a gti 180 mk4 or 4motion for under 3k until i was 21 with the insurance company i was with they would not insure me at all but the 4motion is more to buy but is cheaper to insure than the vr6 due to safety feature try llyods tsb that who im with and its £700 a year fully comp on my 4motion doing 12k a year ope that helps

It might be worth buying the crappest cheapest car to insure to keep you NCB going (Only do this IF you lose NCB from not having continually running insurance.)

Mark.

I agree.. I've done this since I was 17 and passed my test. Went to a scrappy and got a proper banger... think it was a 1.0 metro.. never actually took the car.. left it there... but just paid for insurance....

When I got to 22 (finished uni)... I bought a 220 Turbo (they were ok back then).. and only paid £998 fully comp through endsleigh as I was still blagging I was a student...

you will have to bin off your ncb anyway if you cancelling your policy or just letting it run out as ncbs only count if they are in concurrent years i think. You will get a bit of a cheaper quote due to age but nothing really noticable until 25' date=' at which point you tend to start getting it alot cheaper

Adrian flux and elephant ive always used since i was 18 and always have a good price.

If you use adrian flux, Fully join up on here, go to shows and subscribe to magasines like PVW you will get alot better price

do alot of shopping around as some companies dont want your business, but will give you a stupid quote on the off chance you pay it

At my next renewal, on a supercharged vr6 with a shed load of extras im gonna be paying £650 3rdpft, yet another quote i had was £3000!

[/quote']

How old are you mate and how long u bin drivin, how many NCb's etc etc to get £650 and who are you with?

decision made after no sleep last night thinking about it , canceled insurance today and sold the polo .

it feels like a HUGE wieght has been lifted off my shoulders now i have that £165 a month more than before (to put it into perspective thats half of what i earn a month)

im on the hunt for a two door mk2 for penut's . what i orginaly wanted for my first car . i had one all lined up and ready juts couldent afford the insurance , same old story really .

thanks for all the advice and help peeps , i appricate it .

Liam :)

liam try llyods tsb me, my misses, my brother are all insured with them and there well cheap my insurance is £700 (4motion 21 yrs old) girlfriends is £300 (1.2 punto 20yrs) brother £800 (1.3 kia pride driving experience 2 years (18yrs old)) and if u have not done pass plus do it as it halved my insurance and gave me a years noclaims just for doing it making my first year of insurance only £1200 for a 1.1 fiesta instead of £1800

By the way, you don't lose your NCD for having a gap in insurance. As long as you don't have a gap longer than 2yrs between policies, then you will keep whatever you've currently earned.

If you do choose to try the tactic of buying a banger and hardly driving it, just to earn NCD, you could try one of these 'pay as you drive' schemes. that way, if you don't drive, you won't pay. Simple as.

£2100 for a 1.0 polo!! Which company is that with? Was it quite a new Polo? Age of car drastically affects the premium when you are young. Newer cars regardless of engine size will be much much more expensive. Thinking back when I was 17 to the age of 21 i was just a named driver on my mum's policy. To be honest ncb in your late teens early 20's won't make a huge difference - you'll save far more being a named driver as opposed to having it in your own name and having ncb. When I eventually got my own car it was a 1.0 metro.. drove like a dream...err not quite. I think the ins. was around the 600 mark tpft and I was about 20. Tesco are supposed to be very cheap for young drivers. I'd definitely run a car but be a named driver under your mum's policy.