Thats it, ive had enough

It pains me to say it but ive had enough, im really on a knife edge as to whether i keep my car,after the last few weeks its not worth it!! Hit a dog and broke the smooth cab bumper 2 weeks ago, pooch was ok tho, now after fitting my charger either the battery or alternator has died, and its supposed to be at inters this weekend!!

Really at the end of my tether after spending over 2k in 2 months on it this is what happens!!

Sometimes thing's are out our control.

Maybe you should just sit back for a bit until things get a bit better on the luck side of things.

There's been lot of thread's where people seem to have a lot teehing problems after fitting a charger. Just stick at it you deffinatley get there in the end.

And at the end of the day you are going to have to fix the battery/alternator problem to sell the car anyway.

True Sals, but ive been stressing for 3 weeks that the car aint gonna be ready for the weekend, i get some progress and its back to suare one.

Currently its residing with no bumper, grille, air filter, boost pipes, and it has a charging fault. Marvellous.

Ive chilled out a little, once the charging circuit/alternator is fixed i hope to built it back up tomorrow

I dont worry about things breaking but everything happening at once and this close to inters after 3 weeks stressing about getting bits here fitted and working is kinda like a knife in the side.

The engine has been stripped and rebuilt with anything worn removed and replaced at 126k, the bottom end showed no signs of wear so i feel that it was a safe enough move

i wouldnt have s/charged a car on 130k? just my 2p...i know its not mega miles but still wouldnt do it. sell teh charger if your worried about more stuff breaking

thats not really holding much faith in Volkswagen engineering. :P

I hope you do stick with it m8.

I know how you feel when everything goes wrong. I had the same trouble leading up to Ultimate Dubs but ended up making it ;-)

Just a shame you are so far away from many helping hands.

Hopefully see ya at the weekend fella.

Mark.

I'd stick with it too. Kev haywire has an awesome corrado vr6 that is charged if not turboed now and it has similar mileage to yours. Very strong engines. 130k miles is nothing. I still think the mk3 golf is the nicest looking out of all the subseqent golf models, bar the mk4 R32. A charged mk3 will far outperform most newer heavier cars. If it doesn't make it by inters don't worry ...just how it is unfortunately. Your car will be better than most when it's done. A lot of work has clearly gone into it .. will all pay off in the end mate

Thank you guys for your kind words, i have finally temp fixed the car, only way to get the charger to run was to remove the air con pump, so thats done and the new alternator is now doing its job!! The front bumper is on and back to normal!!

I just hope after these few days it gets to inters, im massively impressed with the smoothness of the z engineering charger

i wouldnt have s/charged a car on 130k? just my 2p...i know its not mega miles but still wouldnt do it. sell teh charger if your worried about more stuff breaking

are you mad 130k is nothing the engines just at its best by far.....

I just hope after these few days it gets to inters' date=' im massively impressed with the smoothness of the z engineering charger

[/quote']

Yeah I love Z chargers... are you on the VR6 stand at inters mate? I've got some chrome bolts for you