Does a VR6 Have a fuel warning light?!

answer: no! Ran out of petrol 100 yards from my local station on saturday coz being the muppet i am i thought a warning light would come on when the tank got hammered...but obv not...funnily enough the car seems to be running a lot better since its been fully refuelled and had its weekly wash by the illegal immigrant polish blokes at me local car wash...HAS ANYONE ELSE EVER RAN OUT OF PETROL??! :$

i ran out of petrol in my old mk3 1.4 thinking that had a petrol light....did run on fumes tho...miss that...

have realsied my highline doesnt have one, as iv had it on the line so many times

Mine's a late 1997 model and doesn't have one. I would assume if any did have it it was an extra option and would alarm as soon as you hit the red zone. Isn't good for the engine running into the red too often. After I was nearly at the limit only a couple of times my car suffered about 5-10bhp loss on Stealth's rollers until it had several tank fulls of some expensive but powerful fuel injector cleaner (not Halfords stuff - this is the proper stuff and car pulled far harder after using this).

My car always runs well when I've just filled up. When I am approaching the red zone it's always slightly more sluggish...common with most cars, until you fill up again.

Mine's a late 1997 model and doesn't have one. I would assume if any did have it it was an extra option and would alarm as soon as you hit the red zone. Isn't good for the engine running into the red too often. After I was nearly at the limit only a couple of times my car suffered about 5-10bhp loss on Stealth's rollers until it had several tank fulls of some expensive but powerful fuel injector cleaner (not Halfords stuff - this is the proper stuff and car pulled far harder after using this).

My car always runs well when I've just filled up. When I am approaching the red zone it's always slightly more sluggish...common with most cars' date=' until you fill up again.

[/quote']

first time iv heard that about it being no good for teh engine...mines always in te red lol...and i always put normal petrol not premium in...tank full of injector cleaner? that sound a bit OTT?

answer: no! Ran out of petrol 100 yards from my local station on saturday coz being the muppet i am i thought a warning light would come on when the tank got hammered...but obv not...funnily enough the car seems to be running a lot better since its been fully refuelled and had its weekly wash by the illegal immigrant polish blokes at me local car wash...HAS ANYONE ELSE EVER RAN OUT OF PETROL??! :$

just read over that properly , and LMFAO @ illigal imigrant polish car wash blokes !!! lol so true

i run out of petrol all the time , lol i managed bout 45miles from a fiver until it ran bone dry in the mk2 gti im using right now , i always carry a can of fuel in the boot ;)

ive run my old diesel mk 3 out of fuel that was fun get some diesel put in in the tank keep the starter gorin wiv my foot flat to the floor for a min and it started wivout having to flush the engine gota love mk3 tdi's

I use to run out all the time too, when I was a student! It was a lowly MG metro though so it didn't really hurt. Its a bit different with the VR, like the impreza I had ,I never let it get below a quarter as the last bit seems to disapear pretty quickly, and if you're no where near a petrol station - big trouble.

I've always run mine on shell v-max, as even the manual said it will produce more torque than normal unleaded.

Never ran out of petrol in any car. As soon as my tank hits quarter i put some more in. Dont want the crap from the tank going through the injectors or anything. Oh, and i dont want to run out and look like a d*ck! :P