Some Turbo parts came last week. PICS..

Bobtrude: I wasnt sure about the boost pressure yesterday' date=' but I found out today. It was 9 psi.

The diffrence up to 15 psi, is amazing. 8o|

And offcourse my oem ECU that C2 Motorsport provided me with is making this car run like a dream from 5 - 20 psi. Doesnt matter 8-) I think that this software make's the hole driving experience alot better. Ive said it before, and I can always say it again.

The car feels exacly like stock. Diffrence is 15-20 psi and it pulls like a Boeing 737 with all that torque.

Ive done 15 psi all day long today. Been driving for about 3 hours, and all I can say, is that 15 PSI pulls so hard that it can be times when Im having problems keeping the steeringwheel straight.

I mean full boost at 3600 rpm, but after 4500 rpm it just pulls like nothing Ive been driving before.

SQS box is very good so far:)

[/quote']

:-( unfair i wan't one

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fitted some stuff today. V-band oil catch tank, Fragola AN6 water lines for the GT35R and the new saturday candy package came from USA today

Went to Oslo motorshow a couple of months ago. Just tought you guys should see this......  

Would love see a video of that Club Chairman

You can indeed fit the 02M gearbox to a VR6 engine.

You need to be careful with gearing as the R32 used 18" wheels remember, and as such, it has quite a low ratioed Final drive. AFAIK, there are different flavours of 02M with various ratios.

The limit of the 02A gearbox is the casing and the final drive strength. I have pictures of a shattered 02A gearbox which had 800whp put through it.

The 02M can take masses of power. The casing is more rigid and the gears themselves are much bigger and stronger than the 02As.

It's not a straight swap though, be can be cost effective if you source the box cheaply enough.

Theres a thread on vortex about fitting them on the 12v.. Vortex is so packed with information its hard to take it all in... Ive read as above that they are good for 600 bhp but aparenty theres a few disadvantages about them.

1 been that a rebuild if it does go wrong it is VERY exspencive and parts are hard and exspensive to buy compared to the O2A box

2nd and i don't realy understand it is that because its 6 speed your changing gear all the time, Gear changes take along time so its not realy any faster than the 5 speed.. and that the long ratio of the 5 speed is better for driving a high powered car

Saw one go on ebay for £500 which would have been nice.. should have posted it on hear realy incase anyone was intrested

As far as fitting you gota have cutom drive shafts, 24v clutch and flywheel a home made bodge gearbox mount, mk4 gear selector, and weld the gearbox mount cup in a different place

Right while were talking gearboxs is there any point in fitting a LSD in a 4 wheel drive car? and what do you thinks best, R32 box or 4 motion box?

The V6 4Motion gearbox and the R32 gearbox is basiclly the very same gearbox setup.

They DO need LSD diffs if your pusching V6/VR6 turbo power on it. Well, if your boosting enought.

The 02M have the same crappy diffrensial that the 02A have.

02M is a way better construction than the 02A. And yes, should shift better because its tighter between all the gears.

My SQS 02A feels like stock when shifting.

And I have been listing it up before in this thread what you need, to fit the 02M into place. Its expensive, and not that "bolt on" actually. But all i all, its a WAY better solution than the 02A.

02A is a 20 year old design, than was made for 250 nm. Now.. If nothing breaks inside the gearbox, the casing itself is flexing, and you will have a BIG TIME gearbox problem.

Ont he way to work this morning. Alot off traffic.

But you can hear the SQS box pretty ok. Remember that I have the Kinetic stage 1 engine and tranny mounts. It did make some noise even with a stock tranny mounted to it.

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u215/Maiden-VR6/?action=view&current=VWMINVR6GarretT04SVIDEO001.flv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bro, ive been following all this thread from the start, and i honestly take my hat off to you for the amount of heart and finance you pour into your beast, im seriously tempted to just go for an s4 or something, but reading your stuff makes me think i might just be a bit brave and spend another £5000 on my car!!!