Who has declared their mods???

Yep with Greenlight and all mods declared, safer in the long run, and also if the worse should happen and it gets stolen, I can claim more money back as they have all the copies of the receipts and money spent on it (this is why they have given me a higher agreed value)

me too, and just to add insult to injury, the schrick i had fitted has added nothing to the insurance premium as hic only base their policies on a bhp increase, and the 12bhp its given over previous is not enuff to warrant charging me more! bonus!

I declare everything, you cannot account for other people no matter how carefull you are with the car.

My fiesta got written off because some muppet cut through a car park, it was inspected by the insurance company, if I hadn't declared the mods, then I wouldn't have got anything.

if you're with someone like HIC or greenlight they won't charge you any extra for things like exhaust, induction kit, lowering etc and they replace modified parts with modified parts

Mark... you might get away with not declaring the chip though ;)

Yeah, i've always dodged declaring things just to cut costs really....but in the long run if the worst comes to the worst then i'm buggered.

My premium's up for renewal soon so i'll give HIC, Greenlight and Adrian Flux a call. I'd really like an agreed value on the car too.

whats peoples thoughts on powerflex bushes, vibra engine mounts, and highline alloys on a non-highline?

i once had a un -dec;ared modded car written off, and the inspector said nothing...but then i was claiming off the other party...so it didn't cost them anything (in fact they made money due to the excess).

Here's a question.......

If you car was manufactured with a CAT....like mine.....and the CAT is then a legal requirement for the MOT etc etc.

Well what if you take of the CAT and use a decat pipe........and then go a insure your car declaring the decat pipe and they accept it......then surely that's voiding the MOT and thus voiding your policy.........if you know what i mean......hmmm

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does nobody here use Brentacre?????

HIC won't touch me cos of the state of my licence' date=' and Brentacre bent over backwards to get me covered........really rate them.

And yes, all mods declaired[/quote']

Have you got there number? My licence is a bit colourful so mite try them renewal time!

• 4 weeks later...