[moved] Low Mileage VR6 - Advice on Guide Price

Hi Guys,

I will be selling my VR6 in the next couple of weeks and I'm looking for advice on what sort of price I should be looking for.

I've owned the car for the last two years. The mileage is just under 42,000 and I have only clocked up 5,000 of these over the last two years. The car has been used as a summer/weekend car but unfortunately I can no longer afford to keep it.

The car is diamond black in colour, 3 doors, fully factory fitted leather interior, there has been a headlight conversion, the car is superchipped and has a de-catted (if that is the right term) pipe.

It's probably putting out 200+ bhp and is a fantastic car to drive

If someone can advise how to upload images I have a few I can provide - any advice on what you think she's worth would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hopefully link below should show some images.

http://redheat.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?page=1

I would never in a million years let it go for 3k it looks mint and with leather if it has air con and fvwshi would aim for around

4 -4.5 k .

I would have gave you that type of money if i had new about it about 3 weeks ago before i bought my highline.

Good luck with the sale mate it looks a minter personally i would keep it.

virgin

I wont say anything because i'm trying my hardest to find a late black Vr with low miles so I hope it will be up for a reasonable price.

Had a 40 minute conversation with a guy yesterday who got given a real gem of a Highline with 65k on the clock by his cousin because he was movin away. Guy knows nothing about VRs at all and has slammed it right up to £5200!!

Wont take any less!!

I'll never get one at this rate. :(

Thanks for the replies guys.

Just got back from work and amazed to see so many.

I have uploaded a few more pics. (apologies for the duplicates) As for the steering wheel, the chap that had it before me must have had big sweaty hands ;)

I must admit I was hoping for something around the 4.5 to 5k mark - guess I may have to settle for a little less when she finally comes up for sale.

Once again, thanks for your input.

http://redheat.myphotoalbum.com/slideshow.php?set_albumName=album01

• 1 month later...

I'd hold out for 4.5 / 5k mate theres alot of sh*te out there and a genuine enthusiast would pay that kind of money. look at everyone else paying out for reprays and the chains doing on top of buying their vr6 what they've probley paid paid around 3k for. this shouldn't need any of that thats the way is see it so it will stay original for a long while. I may be biased cos i have one with 41k on the clock but its my 3rd vr and the best by far. Dont get me wrong the other two were in very good condition. Good luck with the sale.

Just to let you know that I have decided not to sell my VR6 (or should I say my Wifes VR6) but thanks for all the interest.

Basically, if I were to get the average price stated by the contributors to this thread, then, on reflection, I don't think we could get a better car for the money and my wife doesn't like the thought of driving around in a Corsa\Clio etc.

Cheers

Mine was £3500 10months ago for a mint late Preg, highline spec, untouched, 50000miles with full VWFSH inc the original reciept and a further 1 from its second owner, I got him down to 3250, bit his hand off and laughed all the way back along the M5, I would have paid £4500, so £4000 for yours would be a fair deal so id hold out for it big time!! You will get it :-)