URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE! what AIR FILTER for £250??!

My 94 VR6 is going in for its new magnex exhaust on Saturday(17th) and I might get a Simota Carbon Fibre filter fitted too (for £250) anyone recommend these>? They get rave reviews on the USA scene, or what would you spend the £250 on instead?? All opinions very welcome!! Below are pics of the SIMOTA stuff.

1173695706_4188_FT0_b32e2cd542b759976706_large.jpg

1173695706_4188_FT0_df5f5a63f510ca36120e_large.jpg

I have decided to go agaisnt all the advice and wisdom of the overwhelming majority on this site and other members clubs (who hold the BMC CDA as the top induction kit) and go for the Simota kit...the red devil is going in on Tuesday and I will post pics for all to see the Simota results + girlfriend gets back from holiday on wednesday and will never know what I spent the money on..... 8o|

• 4 weeks later...

mark,

unfortnately not, the simota vr6 filters do not fit OBD1 cars!! but they are v.highly rated in the USA scene for OBD2 cars, and I have heard Simota stuff on M3's before and it sounds amazing.... so maybe one day if i ever upgrade toa obd2 black magic highline! got me magnex system fitted though, and that is great...

Do the K&N panel filters make much of a difference over a standard ones?

only as much as any other filter imo i still think its a lot of money for not a lot with all these fancy induction kits if you get what im saying?? please tell me your thoughs on what i said?

, im with k&n or PiperX panel and a well cheesed air box (on the wing side only :P)

Liam :)