Jk's VR6 Journal (Maintenance and Plymouth Volksfest pics 28/5/08)

Infinity comp! good choice! If your after a sub theres a shop on ebay selling infinity perfect 10vq subs for £100inc p&p and they are awesome, well pleased with mine, ive got infinty comps all round and the sub ties it all together really well

ps that breather your after, i check mine today and the concertina part is split so i need a new on aswell! damn it! check on yours if you actually have any electrical connections under that plug?

mines an empty socket so itll work out alot cheaper apparently

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you on about the small pipe that runs from the back of the head into the intake piping? If so i think u can get then from ford' date=' and its only about £40

[/quote']

Thats what i did last time and it was the wrong shape, mine needs to be an S shape, they supply a straight pipe.

Now i need the bigger breather pipe from the MAF to the TB. But hey!

Just had my A/C regassed to, its lovely and cold now. 4 degrees!!!

After having to buy a whole new set of bulbs too, as the old ones were a different size (H4 instead of H7) i have fitted the new lights, and i love them. Changes the front end completely!

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

22nd July- This weekend i had to go up to Basingstoke for a wedding. Not a problem i hear you say. But, unfortunately with all the flooding i was a little sceptical about going. Anyhoo, i did go and i wish i hadnt. :(

On the way up a stone cracked my windscreen (drivers side), then when i got there all i saw was flood signs everywhere! The weather was fine @ the time, so we made our way to the cottage we were staying in, it was down the most neglected road/lane ever! I couldnt go above 5 mph for about 1.5miles. Go there, went to the wedding then drove to the reception to find we had to park in a field!!!! :@ During the reception it started to rain, i mean BIG RAIN- so with this in mind i couldnt really enjoy myself. Come 9 o clock i decided enough i enough. Go in the car, moved about 5 metres then i got stuck in the field. Needed the best man.s AUDI A6 Quattro to pull me out! Not impressed at all. To make things worse i have a massive scratch down the roof too.

Anyhoo. heres some photos:

The angelic cottage

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

The aftermath, (Doesnt look to bad in the photo's)

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

Back home:

DSC00220.jpg

guys, have you developed your cars too far? to the extent you dont want to do real world driving in them any more?

im not being rude, but please, be honest.

i dont know where jk's scratch came from but is not the vr6 a drivers car?

Rob

i dont know where

I dont want to be pulling my car out of a field, driving through flood water and i dont expect it to be damaged. Else i would have bought a Chelsea Tractor. I drive my car 200+ miles a week and live in a rough neighbourhood. There's nothing wrong with wanting something to be proud of. So in answer to your question, my car gets driven- LOTS ;).

believe me, i was more than proud of my more than pristine mk2 but was destroyed by a vandal, i know who he is, and i was devastated. now i love my vr6. i drive it every day and i realise that she wont hold her looks forever. my comment was more for xyber. i seriously meant no offence. i just drove to manchester and back. shortly before i went it turned out my thermo housing had to be changed. it was and i drove. i had several locals at my pub offering me there cars for the week and i said no. the vr6 is my car. i wanted to drive it there. its my daily driver, its very fast, it looks sweet, it will never draw anyones eye at a show, i love her and she goes where i drive her. rain, snow, whatever.

my pub is experiencing massive trade loss as a result of the weather. but its england.

cars get stuck in the mud all the time. if you have ever seen a show called doc martin, thats filmed in the villiage im from. the beach is used as a car park....... till the tide comes in lol.

probably better mud than salt water.

Rob

guys' date=' have you developed your cars too far? to the extent you dont want to do real world driving in them any more?

Rob

i dont know where

[/quote']

Hi Rob, I dont do 'real world driving' in mine! I have a cheap daily commute car and keep the VR for weekends and long trips. There's no way I'd want her to sit in traffic queues everyday, total waste of time and money, my 'real world driving' to work and back is queue to the M25, queue along the M25 then queue again til I get to work! If however I lived in Cornwall it might be a different story ;) (sorry to butt in your thread jk! you can have fun cleaning and making her shiny again!) :)

cornwall may not be all its cracked up to be. whichever way i pull out of the car park it means driving through some very muddy lanes and my car can only stay clean for so long. i think that jk's car is possibly my favourite and i have enjoyed his journal immensely. i used to get very worked up about the state my mk2 got into and i still get sad now with the VR. in fact i cleaned it yesterday and now its raining again.

JK, i meant no offence. please keep it up.

however, i am interested to know now how many of you have second cars, and who uses 'the power' everyday. New thread?

Rob

The aftermath' date=' (Doesnt look to bad in the photo's)

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/J589GMK/DSC00216.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

looks about as dirty as my car does after every week of normal driving :-p

looks like it has a piddly bit of mud up the side..

can't have got stuck that badly!!??

It was a lot worse than this, i took the photo the morning after. During the evening i drove the car about 3 miles through monsoon rain, then left it parked up in monsoon rain. So, yeah, it was filthy!!! :P

guys' date=' have you developed your cars too far? to the extent you dont want to do real world driving in them any more?

Rob

i dont know where

[/quote']

I drive mine every day, but for the time and money I throw at it, I treat it like a baby. I hate my car being getting covered in crap especially when it takes several hours to clean, but the main annoyance i find and JK* is probably the same, aswell as anyone with polished TT comps, they are a bitch to keep looking their best hahaha

No offence taken, I know im abit of an anorak about my VR as all my mates tell me often

• 1 month later...

31/8/07

Having had a few problems with the VR since last posting (some of which i still have) i have made a new edition to the VR. Some Infinity Reference speakers and a polished manifold. It wasnt polished when i got it, but now it is as you can see, finished it off by painting between the stems black. Oh and one of my wheels for good measure.

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

Excuse the white juice near the bottom of the tyre, i got a little excited! :P

Well have just read the whole thread for the first time from start to finish, and JK, you have the patience of a saint! I don't think I'd have got through all that trauma without slitting my wrists much much earlier!

One breakdown and a near enough £200 repair bill has frightened me already and have only had my VR since late July!

I know it's all part of the fun of ownership though, we have to keep the VDubs alive, it's our mission! :)

• 2 weeks later...