Hi i have a 93 K plate Vr6 Golf with a funny problem the fuel tank only seems to take about 40 litres at a time i have even run out of fuel before thinking it must be a guage problem but it's not, i ran out and still only just managed to get 40 liters in i thought it was 55 litre tank??? or am i wrong???

Help please!!!

(au)

i run mine down to just above the red, and it costs me 33 quid to fill up, and i get about 240 mls per tank. I think it is a 55 litre tank so this may be down to a blocked breather pipe, but if the gauge reads full????? i would like some info on this also.

thank you

I hate the fuel tank on the VR6. The lowest mine has been is just bordering on the red, i managed to fit £36 of super into it. But it just disappears so quickly! I spend half my life @ the petrol station. I wish it could hold more! :P

i squeezed £45 in mine once, heart broken it was gone in one nite 349 miles and i had to stop on the way back to put another £20 in so i could get home? im sure ive done 300 miles on a tank.. all i do is put petrol in it!! think my mpg is getting worse done 74 miles yesterday on £20, mind u i do drive it like a twat!!

I get about 40-45 quid in when empty and get about 60 miles per £10 which is poor!!

60 miles on a tenner i wish!!!!!!!

i 2nd that!! lol

and i 3rd that i got 45miles to a tenner and that runnin it right down just filled mine up 2nite it was below the red on the last line and it tolk 42pounds @86.9 will let you know how many miles i get to that which wount be long im sure.