The car was stood in storage for 8 months while me and Tom were in Germany. So Tom's been pretty busy mechanic-ing for me since we got back!

Found it had bent the exhaust valves, needed a clutch and required timing chains and tensioners, as well as the usual service items! Sourced a 2.9 corrado throttle body and with the de-cat and 6-2-1 manifold, I think it's made loads of difference. Tom also sorted those rusty back arches and painted my inlet manifold.

Next job is fitting a walbro fuel pump (yes my fuel pump broke too!) and I need a new power steering pump (mine sounds like a pig atm), then I might finally get round to re-trimming those recaros and spraying my rocker cover matt black, then I'm done!

vr6buildup019.jpg

vr6buildup008.jpg

vr6buildup012.jpg

vr6buildup018.jpg

vr6buildup025.jpg

It's so good to get her back! :)

no not wrapped the mani, because wrapping ss is a sure fire way to make it crack! I've put the standard top heat shield back on and made an extra one up to fit, so hope fully it'll be ok, I'll keep an eye on it. Cheers for the heads up craggsy!

The high temp engine paint was hammerite stuff from a local parts place, halfords sell it too. Good luck dubbin, this kind of service can get frustrating!

:)

I haven't had it on the rollers yet, but I have noticed a massive acceleration increase at higher revs with the mani (fitted the 2.9 TB at the same time tho). Before the mani and TB were on I just had the decat fitted, this too was a noticeable mod and together they work even better! I'd recommend raceland products, definately.