Also "six appeal" where abouts in Berkshire you from? I think i may have seen your car in High Wycombe recently?

BTW thats one fine looking sixer.

[ Edited Wed Jun 23 2004' date= 10:05AM ]

Hello mate, cheers for the comments, was more than likely me as I have a few friends in High Wycombe, so am over there quite a bit in the VR as its ideal for blasting up the Hill by the hospital! :P

Andy the A404 is normally quite busy as i hit the M40 roundabout in high wycombe but before that from maidenhead its pretty clear. Dont get me wrong - its quick, just doesnt feel that quick?

Also i apologise to all you other Vr6 owners if i'm sounding negative about the car. Just maybe i expected more.

My brother also has a MK3 GTi and the first time he drove my VR6 he said he was surprised i had got a VR6 considering the higher insurance and fuel costs didnt justify the difference in performance from a GTi... left me feeling a bit gutted after that.

He said he was also thinking of getting one but after driving mine was definately not going to bother... ouch.

"six appeal" i want your wheels mate! OR we could just swap cars' date=' think about it.... 174bhp....[/quote']

LOL tempting mate, but you don't want my rims now as every man and his dog has got them or getting them now! :(

Make sure you give us a wave next time ya see me mate, or I'll catch you at the Berkshire meet next month.

its quick' date=' just doesnt feel that quick?

Also i apologise to all you other Vr6 owners if i'm sounding negative about the car. Just maybe i expected more.

got a VR6 considering the higher insurance and fuel costs didnt justify the difference in performance from a GTi....[/quote']

they are quicker than they feel, thats for sure...watch your speedo and just put inot perspective how fast you're goin compared to everyone else.

we dont take offence on here, just want you to get the most out the car...even if you hate them, we'll still like them! :)

see, for me its only about £50 (insurance wise) more a year than a gti, so i don't think it costs more.

£50 difference? Blimey.

Currently mines £1250 - paid in 1 payment - ouch otherwise i would have had to pay a % charge for installments!

I've come to the conclusion that the VR6 doesnt feel as fast as i thought it would because after my GTi i was running around in a Volvo T5, and trust me that car was quick - in a straightline of course...

Also a lot of the time i'm driving my dads 535i Sport - V8 power in Manual transmission!! I guess that doesnt help the VR's cause!

[ Edited Wed Jun 23 2004, 03:54PM ]

try and post it in the pst...so i can see whats wrong (by clicking on the quote button).

alsom easier to just edit the post if it dont work, rather than make a new post.

£50 difference? Blimey.

Currently mines £1250 - paid in 1 payment - ouch otherwise i would have had to pay a % charge for installments!

I've come to the conclusion that the VR6 doesnt feel as fast as i thought it would because after my GTi i was running around in a Volvo T5' date=' and trust me that car was quick - in a straightline of course...

Also a lot of the time i'm driving my dads 535i Sport - V8 power in Manual transmission!! I guess that doesnt help the VR's cause!

[ Edited Wed Jun 23 2004, 03:54PM ']

yeah, i pay £580 fully comp. would've been £500 if i could've paid it in one go (finances didn't allow at time)

[ Edited Wed Jun 23 2004, 05:57PM ]

try and post it in the pst...so i can see whats wrong (by clicking on the quote button).

alsom easier to just edit the post if it dont work' date=' rather than make a new post.

£50 difference? Blimey.

I've come to the conclusion that the VR6 doesnt feel as fast as i thought it would because after my GTi i was running around in a Volvo T5, and trust me that car was quick - in a straightline of course...

[ Edited Wed Jun 23 2004, 03:54PM ]

yeah, i pay £580 fully comp. would've been £500 if i could've paid it in one go (finances didn't allow at time)

[ Edited Wed Jun 23 2004, 05:57PM ]

is this what you meant??! i dont think i'm doing this right, never mind.

[ Edited Thu Jun 24 2004, 08:43AM ]

Erm ok its worked but it 10x too big!! How do i make it smaller?? Oh and dont laugh jst cuz its a 5 door!

[ Edited Thu Jun 24 2004, 08:48AM ]

[ Edited Thu Jun 24 2004, 08:55AM ]

[ Edited Thu Jun 24 2004, 08:55AM ]

thats a good idea...weaken them! lol

not really a big deal, just means i can't get cheap ford parts for my chains now, as they're all obd2 engines in galaxys.

while we're on the subject of chains...i'm about to buy some parts, and vw are about twice the price of ecp and gsf!

Would the Galaxy engine be de tuned though?

My dad has a mate who works for Ford so if its the same engine and same parts then that will save me a few quid when it comes to Service time!

from what i've found out, its pretty much the same engine. even the coolant hoses are the same. i have heard the cam profiles and ecu map are different, but thats all. they even use vw brakes.

the parts, despite even comin in vw bags, are cheaper apparantly. only reason i can't use the chains is that they're obd2 engines, and i'm obd1.