the jetex looks best for performance, as it will keep out the most hot air. and i dont think aem do one for early vr6's, i think theyre only for the mk4 version where the airbox is on the right of the engine bay. you should think about a bmc, rated highly by many.

Just one question while we're talking about filters though...

Does anyone know if the BMC CDA filter needs to be re-olied at intervals like the K&Ns do? How is this done? does the carbon airbox cover have to come off somehow?

as far as i can remember the bmc cda is not an oiled filter.

i think i remember on the instructions that you can just wash them out let them dry then re-assemble.

the carbon air box does come apart, 4 small screws at each end around the cylinder

heres a quick question for those who have fitted the bmc cda. when the piping goes where the carbon canister goes, what do you do with the canister? can you remove it without interupting anything, and do you just connect the pipes together?

well i got an apexi, jap badboy on it now, and it sounds bloody mean! :) Havent reallly had time to test it out proper yet. See how it performs etc... :) Had ViperX before, but i think the turbulent air from it caused all sorts of probs with MAF, hence the kangaroo juice :)

well results are here, apexi doesnt seem to flow as well as the viper at high revs, but thats because the viper never actually filtered the air just let it through :) The car has ceased to be jumpy on the throttle or hesitant like before. As was said b4. im ure it was the turbulent air that caused this. Just need to section off the filter and add another cold air feed. 2x80mm intakes should be good for 350bhp+ :)