hesertating problem help PLEASE

i posted on here a while ago saying that my car was doing something strange!!

basically it drives ok but then kinda hiccups!! it losses power(not as in battery power) and then it just comes back in with a thump! (kinda kangarooing if you go slowly)

it only used to do this the odd time when flooring it but now its doing it all the time!!

i have changed the fuel pump for a vr6 one, i have changed the spark plugs, fuel filter and cleaned the dizzy cap!! all of which havent worked

ps my car is a seat ibiza mk2 and i have done the conversion myself, engine is a golf 2.8 bored out to a 2.9 with gas flowed head and a airfilter.

if anyone has any ideas as to what could be causing this than please let me know

thanks liam

I had the same problem, which then turned into it stalling at idle. HT leads were fine (Magnecor - altough I did have a problem with one lead arcing a while ago which they replaced for free), as were the spark plugs. Had the throttle body cleaned and still the same problem. In the end I changed the mass air flow sensor and it did the trick. GSF do them for about £70.

hmmm well this is gonna sound strange lol.

i was on my way to meet my mate with his vr and was passing a petty station and i had just below quarter of a tank left so thought id fill her up. having filled her up it drove fine!!!!

therefore i couldnt change any bits as it was driving fine and i wouldnt be able to tell!!

all the way from york to billing it was fine and then going round the 2nd to last roundabout it hesertaded again!!

after this it got progressivly worse till i filled up!! so i thinking it has got to be something with fuel but its not as if im letting it run out of petrol, it seems to start when i go below quarter of a tank!!