Cheers i'll try them' date='

I,ve just won some edition 90's on ebay 6 x 16 & 8 x 16. Will i have any problems fitting these to my golf? It's only lowered 40mm.[/quote']

Ive had problems with my rh rims but i'm running 8" 215-40-17 tyre......you may find a 205 will clear that bit better than a 215...ive found style dynamix very helpfull tel 02085610001 :)

I know what you mean, but i'm considering slamming it on coilovers & i think with them polished up on a slammed black golf they'll look great.

BTW where did you get your spacers from?

[ Edited Wed Jun 09 2004, 08:56PM ]

Tommy what tyres do you have on the RH's now? Also think Advance Autosport Tech do adapters at around £130' date=' was i n the PVW mag about a month or two ago.

[ Edited Wed Jun 09 2004, 10:03PM ']

215-40-17s still................may change them for 205s but very poor at the moment so they will have to stay as they are......cant take passengers thats all ~:(

I've got 6.5x16 on mine and had to grind about 3mm off the caliper to get them to fit. they do look a little bit lost under the arches but i don't get any rubbing at all :)

And it been lowered! Just got to fit my FK's next!

Geastb' date=' what tyres are you running? I was thinking of 195/45/16 on the 6x16's & 215/45/16 on the 8x16's. Does this sound about right? [/quote']

I think VR6Rich is running them tyres on the rear....he had his driver rear touch with passengers ...the car is standard ride height i think B)

So would i be better off with 205/45/16's on the rears then? If it still catches the rear arches after they have been rolled i'll take the back seats out' date=' then my mates will have to get taxi's! lol[/quote']

lol would think so ;)

dub_weiser wrote....

Yeah got the same tyres and was told to switch to 205's but am too skint esp after geting the FK coilovers.

I know how you feel.....just got the wheels and cant afford to put 205s on until the end of the month ~:( ....just had 5mm taken off the rear hub adapters which has improved the arch lip clearance no end ;) but still a problem on a very bumpy road :(

[ Edited Thu Jun 10 2004, 09:18PM ]

I got my first set of adaptors from ebay uk, they were machined ones and took 3 months of fighting with the guy to get him to finish making them, half way through I thought I was never going to get them and bought another set from ebay germany, these were the 25mm H&R jobs, I ran these all round initially, whilst trying out various connotations of 6",7" and 8" wheels, have now settled for 7's at the front and 8's at the rear, but due to rubbing at the rear (lowered about 70mm) I changed the rear adaptors to the machined set (which had finally turned up) as these were only 20mm, the 5mm difference together with adjusting the firmness of the suspension has sorted out the majority of the rear wheels rubbing and as I never have any rear passengers (I have no friends) it is no longer a problem

Geastb' date=' what tyres are you running? I was thinking of 195/45/16 on the 6x16's & 215/45/16 on the 8x16's. Does this sound about right? [/quote']

Not sure on the 215/45/16 - but i've got 195/45/16 all round at the moment. I'd say 205's probably better bet

• 3 weeks later...

Try http://www.mswuk.com as they are the UK importer of H&R products. The adapters are alloy and german TUV approved but be careful when bolting the wheels to them as you can easily overtighten them and your steel bolts into the alloy threads can strip them out - I know coz this happened to mine! %-6

The addapters are about 25mm thick and a full set of 4 is approx £220 iirc.

I ran 8x16 Design90s all round with 195/45/16s...although this was on a mk2 Golf.

HTH

Tommy' date=' how low you got your car and have you had the arches rolled? Don't really wana roll the arches incase the paint cracks.[/quote']

My car is about 40-50mm i think....have had no arch work done at the moment....was just going to have the arches rolled but also thought the paint might crack so the car is going in to the body shop to have them pulled,rolled and painted!

Hi there, I have 7.5x16 on front with 195/40/16 and 9x16 with 215/40/16 on rear with adapters and spacers to clear calipers. Arches pulled and rolled. just been photod for Golf + mag, supposed to have been pvw but they mucked me about