Jump to content

VRMatt

Members
  • Content Count

    39
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by VRMatt

  1. VRMatt

    VR6 Vs AUDI TT

    Ha ha, this would be a difficult ask, my friend has a TT. Its hard to stick with him at times, they are just so planted and get the power down too easily! Dam them!!!
  2. Thanks I'll check it out.
  3. Hey all, I'm just about to get hold of a BMC that was fitted to a mk3 Golf VR6 to go into my Corrado. I'm wondering if I need to be aware of any issues or difficulties on fitment? Thats all really, cheers Matt.
  4. Been lucky recently in buying some In-pro headlights secondhand, the chrome versions. They came with the HID bulbs as well, result. Not been overly keen on them in the past but for the price, I couldn't say no. Plus I need to be able to see at night, so these fit the bill. Very easy to fit including the ballasts for the bulbs. I have a pair of smoked headlight protectors, so have fitted those as well to take away the glitzy look of chromed lights. I think this works a treat and gives a bit more of an individual look. I only thought to take a pic after dark so apologies for crap pics. Next o
  5. This is my worst thread guys, I would love a garage! Not even got a driveway, man it sucks. My only saving grace is having a basement to keep spare parts.
  6. You just don't get put downs to this calibre these days. Txt spk doesn't hlp!
  7. I've done some carpentry jobs in the offices of very intelligent people (qualifications as long as your arm etc!). When I've working and can overhear conversations or talking to the people myself I'm shocked by the stupidity or lack of common sense these people show *-) Amazing!
  8. Thought I would bring you all up to date with things now. Over the last couple of weeks, I have been messing around with cleaning up the Inlet Manifold. Been very slow going and and there is a long way to go! Now the bit I'm most pleased about. My mate does some machine polishing in his spare time. He bought some new cutting compound, wax stuff and polish. This is the result of his 4 and a half hours grafting! Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.
  9. Ha Ha, the way my misses says I moan about things and people. She reckons Victor Meldrew has nothing on me, I'm not even old yet, just wait till I am!!!
  10. I could just drive hard enough to get the coolant up to near boiling point and that would do the job for me! Ha ha. Seriously when I strip the front of the car, all the perishables in that area might as well get replaced at the same time. Or could just leave all maintenance jobs until the engine dies and I get an excuse for an R32 install! Shouldn't joke about it really, cus with my luck that would happen and I couldn't afford a new shiny engine!
  11. We identified it to be the O ring between the plastic water housing (can't think of the proper name) and the crack pipe. It was/is weeping from underneath the joint. Think you can see the wet staining in the engine pic. Hopefully won't be a bad job to do. I'll buy all new gaskets and seals for that area just in case.
  12. Mine is Mystic Blue, the same as the Storm. As mine has black leather interior also the same as the blue Storm I've convinced myself its the 251st Mystic Blue Storm! Lol.
  13. Leak went away and has now come back. So we know where its coming from and will buy the right bits soon. Fitment will take place in the coming days.
  14. You and me both mate, think I can get £7 together for mods!
  15. Seen a few details on a 33k Corrado for sale a few months back, £8k was the asking price. Too much. If stuff hasn't worn out through use, there's a good chance of it being perished.
  16. I run with a de-badged grill and will shortly be removing the badges from the arse end. When you tell people its a Corrado they don't know what it is, this will completely fox em!
  17. Getting more random as we go- I saw an 89 Golf Rallye for sale last year with 7k miles on it from new. Think he had trouble selling it though cus he was asking close to £12k for it! BTW my Rado has 127k so not the lowest!
  18. I would agree, really good idea this. Hope it happens.
  19. Hi all, I thought I would put a bit of a build thread up about my Rado. This is how I picked up the car- Time and money (lack of) have prevented me from doing very much at all to this car, so really I've just started to clean things up. Having a go at the roof lining- (using a cheap Tesco Foam Upholstery Cleaner, under £2 great stuff). Next up is a go with Leather Cleaner and Conditioner stuff- The front seats are from an Audi S3, heated and electric. Electric is working but the heating has no loom in. This will be a future job for me. If anyone has one laying around going spare t
  20. ?Did you buy this in the end? looks like a very tidy deal if you did. Fingers crossed it worked out.
  21. I was sent a link to your build thread and I'm very glad I was. She's a beauty mate. What colour code is yours? Looks very similar to mine, mines LC5L Mystic Blue (Storm Blue as you prob would know)
  22. Oh frickin heck, this is just amazing. This is just the sort of car all Corrado's should look to, truly stunning but so much hard work I bet. An absolute credit to you. Loving it.
  23. Oops replied without reading page 2. Anyway best put a pic up of mine to make up for being a dumbass!
×
×
  • Create New...