Anyone know where I can get one of these or any way of holding the cams whilst I change em over?

Here come the Schrick 248s!

erm - if you are changing the cams, you wont be needing to hold them still now will you??!! ;) but I see what you mean.

Your main worry is maintaining the correct crank position when you install the new cams.

What you need to do, is get a couple of strips of metal wide enough to fit comfortably into the slots in the end of the cams. The surrounding areas of the head are at the right level for it to hold it horizontal.

Get the engine to TDC, and the cam slots perfectly horizontal with the metal strips. Check about a million times where the crank is - even use some white marker paint or something to mark the position if you can - maybe on the clutch cover or the crank pulley. Now you need to remove the cams sprockets without moving the crank position AT ALL, with the idea of putting the new cams back in at the same position.

Install the new cams and sprockets ensuring you dont move the bottom end at all, and hey presto, new cams installed!

Jules

there is a tool obviously but like acf said ive found you can hold cams with spanners slotted in grooves in end ov cams before you remove chain make sure all is lined up with spanners holding cams then mark crank pulley wheel with bit ov tippex and block in same place so you can see its inline then if bottom does move at all you can see and just pull it back inline quite simple really he he he.