The VR6 OWNERS CLUB MEET - BILLING 4th & 5th August 2007- ONLY DAYS TO GO!!!!

car wont be back on the road till ed38, so i cant make it im afraid... still will have the windy screen sorted and a few other bits. and im keeping it afaik. which is a bonus :)

if you can send my trophy for gti festival to me it would be great :)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring your shin pads. UK-MKIVs are up for some inter-club footie. Not that you'll catch me playing. I've got a bad knee from Bug-Jam ;-)

Another top tip, this time for anybody bringing a cool box, is to 3/4 fill two 1l fizzy drink bottles with water - or your favorite flavour squash - and freeze them. They'll help keep the box cool and give you a nice cold drink at the end of the weekend once they've thawed.

Bring your shin pads. UK-MKIVs are up for some inter-club footie. Not that you'll catch me playing. I've got a bad knee from Bug-Jam ;-)

Another top tip' date=' this time for anybody bringing a cool box, is to 3/4 fill two 1l fizzy drink bottles with water - or your favorite flavour squash - and freeze them. They'll help keep the box cool and give you a nice cold drink at the end of the weekend once they've thawed.

[/quote']

OOOOOHHHHHHH spooky that, I was thinking about that at work today. An inter forum footy match.......would be sooooo funny.

As for the tip about freezing a bottle of water, that is a top tip

I was planning to come for the weekend, looks like I'll have to work on Saturday. :(

Still want to come for Sunday though.

Due to the recent spell of good weather I shall be hiding my VR in shame as I never did get round to refurbing the wheels and fettling the body - I hope show and shine isn't compulsary! ;-)

Going to come along on the Sunday if my car is out of the garage (having the charger fitted so fingers crossed) What is the deal? just turn up, pay your money at the gates find all the other VRs, park up and get naked? or have I got the wrong idea?! are people without VRs welcome or do they have to park elsewhere?

Teal is kind of to the left of the main gate. Follow the signs for the UK-MKIVs meet as their field is past ours. ;-) The turn in point to Teal will be indicated by one of our banners.

Here's an aerial photo of our field with a rough sketch of where things will be. Camping in the red oval ( near the toilet and shower block ) , VRs along the mulberry line and the eating, drinking and making merry around the various gazebo shapes at the top.

Non VRs are welcome but are likely to have their own little display where it says TEAL on the plan.

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1186128593_2196_FT127205_my_teal.jpg]1186128593_2196_FT127205_my_teal_.jpg[/lightbox]

Remember that although we are all cool and very nice people and our field will be surrounded by MK4s and initially Transporters, Billing is a public camp site so please look after your valuables, never leave them in tents and where possible keep them locked in your car out of sight.

Going to come along on the Sunday if my car is out of the garage (having the charger fitted so fingers crossed) What is the deal? just turn up' date=' pay your money at the gates find all the other VRs, park up and get naked? or have I got the wrong idea?! are people without VRs welcome or do they have to park elsewhere?

[/quote']

Yep just turn up and pay at the gates.

All cars are welcome and can park up with us. It's just a big meet and get together :-)

Mark.

So if you wanted to look around at the other clubs' date=' do you have to pay for entry to those areas as well?

[/quote']

No once your in you have access to the whole of Billing Aquadrome and any events that are on and can use all of their facilities, value for money :-)