rotrex superchargers

Help need as much info as i can get on these heard they are extremely good and more efficient than most other chargers i need to find out if anyone knows anyone with one of these fitted and what bhp and torque figures they got on a 2.8 vr and if there were any other mods needed.

thanks

virgin

There is a place in scotland that sells them called gmc motorsport also

which seem to be a better a site in denmark called www.r-techs.dk i have contacted someone there already and they say they sell all neccessary parts to make a kit for the vr and most importantly the mounting bracket if you choose to visit the site its only in danish but the chap i spoke to can answer all questions in english via there e-mail.

this looks like the best supercharger solution to date.

and who knows group buys may be a possibility if enough are interested.

virgin

Until the Rotrex kit for the VR6 is proven, reliable and cost effective, I'm sticking with Vortech.

Every company in the motor industry claims to have the best product in the world, so do your research before buying into it.

That rotrex is neat though I have to say!

It`s not a kit as such but more like custom where you buy the charger type specific to how much power you want and then buy all the parts you need to make up that kit . On the point of reliability you cant seriously expect the manufacturers of the koniwhatsit to not have done a lot of research into the product and also i think the fact that an independant car manufacturer chose rotrex over all others on the market must be testiment to the confidence in this particular brand.

Have a read up on it im sure you will bwe impressed.

virgin..

they should be very good now,but back in the day they had major probs,with them lasting,the output shaft was too long and brok,but as fare as i know the warrenty is good they all got new chargers within the garenti.havend heard much abut probs theese days,it´s been maybe 6 years or so since then,they where all the rave back in the 1990 the where put in every thing here in dk,mostly insted off the G-kompressor in the g60,and wee have alot off kits for mrk.2-3 1.8-1.8GTI,16V,and acouple off 1.6,

the stage one price is 26000DKR thats roughly 2400pounds

thats abit more then the votech kit.

Awesome. The mounting position of that charger is, if anything, better than that of the Vortech/Z-Eng kits - it's right at the front of the engine where it gets blasted with lots of cold air... Just like on a G60.

So how much does the kit cost then?

Awesome. The mounting position of that charger is' date=' if anything, better than that of the Vortech/Z-Eng kits - it's right at the front of the engine where it gets blasted with lots of cold air... Just like on a G60.

So how much does the kit cost then?

[/quote']

Im sorry to say that the complete Rotrex kit is very expencive.

Around 2900 pounds. That include it all. and fitting inSweden. No chip. So when you live in the UK and can install it yourself, maybe it will be alot cheaper ;)

But with that price, you should get a propper turbo kit, that we all know are abit more trustfull than the Rotrex charger?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Some more info on the rotrex from a company called storm developements in reading uk .

Hi Andrew,

We have just completed our stage 3 kit yesterday, it makes 415 bhp this

will be our final kit we will be developing for the vr6 - as we are hitting

the limits of a standard engine. We have not defined a price for this yet -

but we supply a huge amount of extra parts compared to r-tech, also you will

have to lower your compression. If You have any further questions please

call me on 01189810963.

Regards

Andy

Operations Manager

Storm Developments

Direct Dial: 0118 9810963