rotrex superchargers

I spoke to Storm about their kit and they were extremely harsh towards Vortech, which I found very unprofessional and a bit below the belt, but there are reasons why they failed with the Vortech which I won't go into on here.

The Rotrex C30 is VERY noisy. You think Vortechs are loud, you haven't heard anything yet! However, they deliver great boost, even in stage 1 form. Loads more boost low down than the Vortechs, but it keeps climbing and climbing which will be a big problem if you don't lower the comp - as one customer at stealth found out. It blew the head gasket at 15psi....was up to about 300hp at that point with more to go. Another good thing about the Rotrex is you retain the factory belt tensioner, so there's nothing like the same belt tension as with the Vortechs, therefore it's clearly more efficient.

They definitely have my kind of boost, low down, where you want it.... but I just can't live with the noise.

Just thought i would keep you all updated on my hunt for the rotrex kit. Contacted storm as you know and have now decided not to go with them.

The good news is, i also contacted r-techs in denmark again, telling them of my worries with storm.They were very helpfull and are willing to supply me with the kit direct .

E-mail below

Hi Andrew

I'm sorry to hear about our dealer in the UK is not upliving their standards

as we require them to be.

Please tell me how many horsepowers you want and tell me how much you can do

by yourself.

I will gladly help you with your project.

Kind regards

Martin Holmström

R-Techs

Søndergade 3, Tune

DK-4000 Roskilde

Denmark

Telefon: +45 30 220 220

URL: www.r-techs.dk

E-mail: info@r-techs.dk

LOL

If you wanna get arse raped you go for it.

Storm have a shitty reputation on here for shoddy work....ask MattH

nice of you to comment considering you have never used Storm D - Matt H is a very unorthodox charecter in my opinion and is a liar in my opinion - i would challenge him directly about his concerns but unfortunatly - we were never given that oppotunity. Matt never called us to say he was unhappy - we even gave him a weeks credit. we replaced several parts free of charge. He is not a vr6 "expert" as he claimed.

Also we don't any arse rapeing were not into that - you must have us confused with .......

Confused with who??

I don't see what your problem is, you do have a shoddy reputation, which is exactly why I don't use you and won't. If you want to loose that reputation then its down to you to make it happen.

Before you shoot your mouth off at me again, I'd like you to take note. I never said it was from my personal experiance, I was simply repeating what had been said time and time before.

Max torque was 256 ft/lb playing the 307hp. It's PeteC's car, not sure if he's on here, but he's on the Rado forum.

Vortech V9s give 290hp with 260ft/lb with 8psi, so the Rotrex isn't giving much more, if anything, as a peak. But they do give more boost lower down and don't have parastic loads as high as the Vortech units.

It's a neat little unit, definitely the best supercharger conversion I've seen for the VR6.