I?m in dispute with a reputable company currently about the rotation of my brake discs.

They are a Pagid 8 groove disc. Below is a photo of them the arrow represents the rotation of my front wheel (this photo is from the drivers side)

DSCN5447Resized.jpg

The "Boss" of the company phoned me today, and informed me that they are fitted correctly and has basically fobbed me off! Where as yesterday a member of the workshop had agreed to swap the discs over and do some other work for me to keep me "happy".

To say I'm disappointed in the company is an understatement as I emailed Pagid and they said they are fitted incorrectly, but the "boss" says he spoke to Pagid and said that they are fitted correctly.

What are your opinions on the above? Do you think I should go against the manufactures "fitting" specifications, to which the company will forward me no documented information on this?

Regards,

Pete

[ Edited ]

I'd get something in black and white from Pagid and go back to the company with it, demanding they fix it. I should imagine if they recommend a direction it's for a good reason.

Is the supplier an official Pagid place? If so tell Pagid about their mistake.

Looking on the bright side, your brakes will kick arse in reverse.

yep they are a supplier. they have stickers on the dics showing which way they should go on. thats all that they have. the boss and the guy in the workshop both said if they had'nt of ad stickers on em that they wud of fitted them the other way around.

Im not getting my hands dirty in this one :)

Yep they are wrong in that pic, if your wheel rotation is as per the arrow. Vince and I had this discussion ages ago as we both questioned it. If you have a genuine grievance, pursue it until you're happy.

[ Edited Fri May 28 2004, 08:39PM ]

I dont think it makes a big difference tbh, I got a set of drilled disks and the holes are in an angled pattern the same as them grooves. Both disks are the same though so they spiral out to the front at one side and to the back at the other.

My EBC drilled and grooved on my fiesta went the other way to yours, may have the paper work somewhere which shows which way they go, I know they are a different make and all but theoretically they should be the same.

I have Tar-ox G88 40-groove discs . These are fitted so that the inner (i.e. closest to the hub) end of each groove hits the pad first.

This pic shows the rear, but they are the same way round on the front:

antera309_rear_800x600.jpg

Tar-ox's instructions made it quite clear that this is the correct way to fit them.

Perhaps the Pagid discs are fitted the other way round to Tar-Ox ones, but why would they be? All grooved discs follow the same principle.

Every set of grooved disks I've seen are fitted this way.

[ Edited Sat May 29 2004, 12:24AM ]

If that pic is of your drivers wheel as you said; then this means your arrow is in the wrong place.

However, I would believe you are right in saying that they are fitted incorrectly. The leading edge of the groove in theory should be the one closest to the centre of the disc, which would give the best method of dust extraction, due to the centrifugul force created. :)

yo guys the arrow is to let you know which way is forward i know its a little confusing because it is at bottom ov wheel so i thought id point that out also if petes brakes are fitted correctly the dust is all getting dragged to centre hub when braking which im positive is wrong the idea ov these discs is to disperse the dust outwards from disc not into centre.

Below is a photo of them the arrow represents the rotation of my front wheel (this photo is from the drivers side)

Seems fairly straightforward to me. (pardon the pun :P )

I do agree with what you are saying about the grooves tho' mate. :)

Below is a photo of them the arrow represents the rotation of my front wheel (this photo is from the drivers side)

Seems fairly straightforward to me. (pardon the pun :P )

I do agree with what you are saying about the grooves tho' mate. :)

I thought the same as you phil, I work for a fan manufaturer and would expect to see the arrow at the top mate, but I think we all understood anyway :)

They are a Pagid 8 groove disc. Below is a photo of them the arrow represents the rotation of my front wheel (this photo is from the drivers side)

DSCN5447Resized.jpg

er...that arrow (if this is the drivers side) is actually showing the direction the car will be going when moving forwards' date=' the wheel would be rotating in the opposite direction! :@

[ Edited Mon May 31 2004, 12:31AM ']