Guest couzens

Hey everyone,

Any ideas as to the better tyre:

Goodyear Eagle Ventura or Michelin Pilot Exalto in size 205/50/15?

Have been running the Goodyears and the front seems a little slippery on tight roundabouts. Just tried some wheels with the Michelin and they seemed more grippery and firmer.

Am I right in saying Michelin are a harder/firmer tyre?

never used either of those.

what i can tell you is that michelin pilot sports are way too hard and are poor in the wet.

however pilot SX GT's aren't too bad.

but my fav tyre is the uniroyal rallye 540 (just bought two brand new ones...yum)...excellent in dry, awesome in wet.

I don't think either of those are especially aimed at performance driving ? correct me if I'm wrong.

Toyo Proxes are good, and despite claims they wear out quickly, the 4 on my car have lasted 20K miles so far, I'd say they're good for another 5K and the grip hasn't dropped off yet...

I don't think either of those are especially aimed at performance driving ? correct me if I'm wrong.

Toyo Proxes are good, and despite claims they wear out quickly, the 4 on my car have lasted 20K miles so far, I'd say they're good for another 5K and the grip hasn't dropped off yet...

Guest couzens

acf, how noisy are the uniroyal 540's? I wanted some F1 GSD3's but told they don't make them in 205/50/15. I can have GSD2's but are told they are a bit noisy. Tell me the advantages of 540's; ie. noise/ride quality, grip and length of life please!

[ Edited Fri May 28 2004, 05:36PM ]

I've always found goodyear eagle f1's to be very good in wet and dry conditions, they probally wear down quick tho cos they are quite soft, even worse if you have a slow puncture which you have to keep punmping up every couple of days!!!! :P

[ Edited Fri May 28 2004, 06:26PM ]

yep' date=' NCT's and P6000 are poor.

my mate has toyo's and i don't like them as they seem to wear very quickly.

long live uniroyals i say, lol![/quote']

too true acf i found toyos wear out quicker than any other tyre ive tried so far. :(

just got 4 brand spanking new ( wait for it acf ! ) uniroyal 540's and would highly rate them, got a good deal from just tyres aswell size 205/45/16n's for 210 notes.. very impressed especially in the rain :P

good man! lol

thats a good price (tho its not fitted price is it?)' date=' bracknell tyres do 4 for £234 in 205/50/15[/quote']

Ive used (think there called) total tyres...just round the corner from bracknell.........You live round that way then? my gf lives there.....often round that neck of the woods :D

good man! lol

thats a good price (tho its not fitted price is it?)' date=' bracknell tyres do 4 for £234 in 205/50/15[/quote']

thats the whole lot mate, fitting balencing new valve... think there in compition with kwik fit , elite etc which are all on the same road.. went to elite and they quoted me 360 quid for them. just shows what shopping about can do! :D

Guest couzens
good man! lol

thats the whole lot mate, fitting balencing new valve... think there in compition with kwik fit , elite etc which are all on the same road.. went to elite and they quoted me 360 quid for them. just shows what shopping about can do! :D

HEY YOU RECOVERED FROM HOMELANDS AND YES I AM SHOUTING SO HE CAN HEAR ME!!

Blimey its a small world guys I'm up the road in Windsor! Surprised I've not seen you guys out and about!

well my cars been off the road for a couple of months, but i ain't seen you about. i'm guessing you don't come to m'head a lot, and i don't go to windsor that much.

cgti have a monthly meet, was on the A4 near here, but is now in stokenchurch. ever been to one?

Go to Maidenhead all the time as the VW garage is there, lol! But also my G/F lives there too. although mainly using the Mk2 GTI for that as don't like leaving the VR on the road at hers!

Used to go to the Stokenchurch meet all the time last summer, but not fallen on the right dates for me since its been moved to the weekend in M'head. Good bunch of enthusiasts and track day peeps (Speedo etc.... from on here) attend, nice friendly meet.

[ Edited Mon May 31 2004, 07:36PM ]