And the E36 M3 Goes 'POP'!

Had my first real play with a car since the engine rebuild this evening. On the way home from work on the ring road around Leeds, I spot a slightly doggy grey M3 coupe with the guys hand right on the top of the wheel, you know, totally the wrong driving position and he can just see over the wheel.

He sees me pootle past and the next thing, flicks out behind me close enough to lick my number plate.

Off a roundabout and he's on my inside quarter trying his best to squeese by on a piece of road that will only fit two cars on it and he's thinking he'll push me into the car on the near side, typical arrogant BM driver.

So I hold 2nd and nail the hell out of it onto a stretch carrageway, (still a bit worried to let it rev to over 6k so I hold to around 5,8-900k) and my off side tyre lets go slightly and then it grips. The M3 is now right up my arse, I go for third and pull over to the inside lane to let him go by, thinking he'll piss by me. I've got my window down slightly and my foot firmly planted on the mat as he creeps up to my drivers window and the thing is on the fookin limiter, next thing I hear is:

'bababababa-crunch and BANG followed by his nose diving into the tarmac, him dissapearing into my rear view mirrior and a cloud of thick smoke trailing behind him as he pulls over to the hard shoulder!!

Lucky day I suppose. It felt bloody excellent though!