Supercharging and MPG

Bit off subject, but this is a question that I get asked alot with my Turbocharged VR6.

I think that I can get about 25-30 MPG cruising.

But when I start putting my foot down, forget it !!

This doesnt bother me that much as I only use the car at weekends, but for a daily driver I would think twice!

I use my Supercharged VR daily and it's quite the drinker, but mainly because I can't resist squeezing the throttle.

The only snag with bigger injectors (stage 2 and higher) is the duty cycles are reduced, which totally throws the MFA mpg reading, for example, I get 57 mpg sat at 70 :-) So it needs to be worked out the old fashioned away. I'd say mine averages about 20mpg, but then I do drive it hard and it has a shorter final drive.

Doesn't bother me, may aswell enjoy it whilst we still can, eh?

Actually, I forgot..... to get the 'true' mpg if you're stage 2 and higher, take 40% off the reading as the injector duty cycles are 40% shorter than standard.

So my 57mpg at 70mph is actually 35....so fun me....it's about the same if not better than a standard 2.9 :-)

i get 20-30mpg for daily driving.but as said-start planting the go pedal and figures will drop dramatically,around 15-25mpg.on a long motorway run 35ish.the 6th gear helps a lot though.but you dont go charged to drive like your grandad!