Best way to reduce weight on a vr

Hi guys n girls,

I was wondering if you could give me your input on the best way to reduce the weight of my vr without completely stripping out the interior like a rally car , as i think this would be a good way to improve my acceleration at a minimum cost,

cheers

I know vr6 go like a bullet in a mk1 shell, i was thinking more on the lines of reducing weight with the existing shell, i need to lose a few pounds myself maybe that would help!! I don't have air con as its on an L plate

well, if you want weight loss at all cost....remove absolutly every bit of the interior, and bolt in a carbon fibre drivers seat. then get carbon fibre or fibreglass doors/bonnet/bootlid. change the windows for perspx ones.

leather and air con are proper heavy things!!!

sounds silly, but making sure your boot is empty of crap makes a difference....i had to clear mine out....a heavy gym bag...random pairs of shoes....coats...umbrellas....the list goes on!!! hahaha

get rid of the power steering pump as it reduces weight and makes the steering more responsive....but then that means goodbye to easy parking in a tight spot! :D ohwell you cant have the best of both worlds. 8o)

carbon fibre roof, wings, doors/cards, bonnet, boot lid, wing mirrors, wheels, bumpers, seats, remove headlights/taillights, dash. o/j.

smaller wheels will help acceleration and weight loss, remove things like battery covers and intake manifold covers, bonnet cover. boot mats/parcel shelf. even make a fibreglass copy of your parcel shelf if you wish to keep it.

some great ideas here , my boot is ALWAYS full of crap, i have a couple of spare wheels, trolley jack and other tools, it sounds like i have half of kwikfit in my car when i drive it, might get shut of the parcel shelf too,

cheers

some great ideas here , my boot is ALWAYS full of crap, i have a couple of spare wheels, trolley jack and other tools, it sounds like i have half of kwikfit in my car when i drive it, might get shut of the parcel shelf too,

cheers