Recommended: Neuspeed Thermostat

I've been told by a few people that the following modification would help with the VR6 engine to run slightly cooler, Mina, Dubloke including have already purchased this from http://www.awesome-gti.com/

With all club members receiving a 10% discount on this part, it would be silly not to buy it. I placed my order Wednesday; It came to a total of just over £21.

Neuspeed VR6 160 Degree Thermostat - £16

If anyone one else has any recommended modification like this, please feel free to post it.

Regards

Pete

[ Edited ]

• 1 month later...
yeah' date=' it clicks the fans on at a lower temp, thus your car will be running at a cooler temp. much safer.[/quote']

its got nothing to do with fans,it lets engine coolant into rad earlyer keeps engine temp at 160 degrees instead of 180. fans run of a seperate themo switch

hot air less dense less oxygen,cooler engine means less heat soak into intake air eg more power (small amount)just like your car goes better on cold day

its all down the more air(oxygen)and fuel you can get into engine the more power you get (volumetric effisancey)(carnt member how 2 spell today)

• 2 weeks later...
ah' date=' well thats tought me then eh. lol. i didnt realise there was a switch to let the coolant into the rad. just thought it was for overheat facilities. oh well, better luck next time. lol[/quote']

ive been playing with cars for 20 years ,city&guilds quaified ,worked in trade for 3 years,been one man service crew on rally cars, and i am STILL learning !

• 1 year later...

I've been told by a few people that the following modification would help with the VR6 engine to run slightly cooler' date=' Mina, Dubloke including have already purchased this from http://www.awesome-gti.com/

With all club members receiving a 10% discount on this part, it would be silly not to buy it. I placed my order Wednesday; It came to a total of just over ?21.

Neuspeed VR6 160 Degree Thermostat - ?16

If anyone one else has any recommended modification like this, please feel free to post it.

Regards

Pete

[ Edited ']

How do you go about getting the discount? Can you get it online or do you have to ring through your order?