intermittant "splutter" in low revs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok update: i was just sat idleing, i started reving it and then it started to do something wierd, i kept my foot steady on the accelarator and the rev needle was just bouncing between 2 and 2.5k the revs were up and down like a yo yo, then it cleared and was normal!! this is frustrating me :(

Have yo checked your leads Alun? Mine looked very new, but also very cheap, when I put new plugs in so eliminated them as the problem. But yesterday was taking them off to check and they just disintergrated in me hands! think this may be the problem. Just ordered some magnecor ones from awesome , think they were £95 incuding vat and delivery. Think the 7 & 8mm ones were the same price.Hope this helps.

i have tried so far :

leads,

plugs,

dizzy cap,

thermostat,

injection cleaner.

the wierd thing is it drives 100 percent norm untill it does this splutter, i checked the coil connection and its all ok, could it be the coil itself? fuel pump maybe?? i am at my witts end trying to solve this so any advice welcome, thanxs for all the replys too

i have tried so far :

leads,

plugs,

dizzy cap,

thermostat,

injection cleaner.

the wierd thing is it drives 100 percent norm untill it does this splutter, i checked the coil connection and its all ok, could it be the coil itself? fuel pump maybe?? i am at my witts end trying to solve this so any advice welcome, thanxs for all the replys too