intermittant "splutter" in low revs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope not 1st VR, but I got the warning signs on thursday. Car turned into a cloud factory, pissing fluids out of the exhaust, emptied the header tank in 10 miles, shit load of maayo under the oil filler cap and oil contamination.Catagoric head gasket destruction! If your anywhere near Durham Goth you will probably be able to see the flames from York especially once I start pissing on them! Then again I now know whats wrong with me car and have it booked in for tuesdy for repairs. Feel as if a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. In fact I'm going to get really pissed , right now. See you Monday

damn mate that sucks!!! after hearing that I had a quick check of the oil filler cap etc. seems fine..but on a more positive note my new plugs and leads went in yesterday and ive been out in the car since 9am this morning and not a single splutter after nearly 10 hours of driving! :) !amazed :)

Glad to hear it Alun! On the positive side, I was expecting to have to wait about a fortnight to get my car sorted, but when I phoned on Saturday they said if I wasn't using the car to bring it down on Tuesday and they'd be able to start it that day. I'll probably have it back by next weekend, hopefully. BREATHING FIRE AGAIN!!! By the way, did you get my pm? Sos for the late reply mate.

Jim

ok just to let ppl no.. mine still aint cured!! i put some silicone grease round the leads ect but still nothing! but just looked and the bearings in my water pumped have collapsed and the pulley is all over the shop so i gotta change that now! could this be part of the prob?? oh and also found out my air flow meter was round the rong way!!

ITS FIXED!!! HHOOORRRRRAAAYYYY!!! lol.... it was my water pump.. i noticed it as my aux belt stripped itself and there was a bad knockin commin from the engine.. so wen i looked i saw the water pump pully movin everywhere which was makin the tensioner keep tightnen and loosenin which was the knocking, now i changed the pump it runs lovely

!!