Leather Interior / your opinions...

Hey there guys...

Right, I'm in a dilema... I've been after a leather interior for AGES and I've finally found one, but I've been told its purple... I've not seen it yet, so I don't know the actual colour.

It's got all door cards and as far as I'm aware there is no damage... It's being "held" for me to choose yes or no...

Now I know there are blackberry and mulberry colours, but my car is black. Would you fit it in a black VR?

The interior is reasonably priced (a mate is getting it for me and is getting a discount for trade ;) ), but I'm not sure if it'll look right.

I like the mulberry leather colour (as per LOW VR's photo shoot) and I think it would look quite good in a black car, but I've seen a photo of a blackberry leather (Performance VW mag July 2002) and it looks too purple and bright for me and I don't think its right. Personally if its the mulberry it might look good, but I'm looking for a bit of reassurace that it wouldn't look crap.

So guys, would you put a "purple" leather in a black VR.... Or wait for a black leather...

I await your comments.......

imo i'd wait for black, the purple leather is a bit gay :D , but if you like it and it matches the car, go for it! ;) I think it suits the purple/mauve cars, each to their own

what i mean is purple no, mulberry yes , but depends on the colour of your car and the

I thought blackberry & mulberry are one and the same... AFAIK VW only made one shade of purple mk3 leather interior and that was the highline interior

Cheers for the info Binliner...

I'm going off the two cars I've seen in issues of Performance Vw mag.

One was from this site (LOW VR - Oct '05 issue) forgive me can't remember which member he is... Anyway, his is mulberry. The other one I saw was from an old PVW mag (July 2002). His is quoted as "blackberry" but it is quite bright purple leather.

I saw a blackberry interior on Ebay a few weeks ago (5 door) and it looked almost black (a few fellas on here were commenting about how dark it was).

I'm no expert on leather interiors. I thought for mk3's they were black leather, mulberry leather, colour concepts (red, blue, green, yellow and black centre panels on black leather) and Recaros in leather, oh and the "blackberry" colour.

(Any more...?).

Anyway, thanx for the comment Binliner, perhaps there'll be another few comments like that, and a few correcting me.

As I said I'm new to the leather interior thing... ;)

So I may be wrong. !dodge

myself i'd rather have cloth recaros all day long than leather' date=' but if it the recaros were leather that'd be sweet.

[/quote']

colour concept leathers are recaro.

There was also a pale grey/cream colour leather interior as well I think

Low VR is six appeal on here

myself i'd rather have cloth recaros all day long than leather' date=' but if it the recaros were leather that'd be sweet.

[/quote']

colour concept leathers are recaro.

There was also a pale grey/cream colour leather interior as well I think

i'd get these then ;) 8)

Low VR is six appeal on here

Hello, only me!

As far as I know VW only did one purple interior, and it often gets called either Blackberry or Mulberry. In some pictures it can look too bright due to lighting and flash, but in the flesh I find it quite subtle especially through the windows. Its not very often people notice that the interior of my car isn't black!

I actuallty think it would make a nice contrast to the black exterior of your car. Whe I was looking for my car I actually could've bought a Black Highline for less money as the dealer had both there, but I spent a little more as I preferred the Mulberry paint and leather. But this might be cos purples my favourite colour!

Simon.

Hi Guys....

It doesn't matter anymore cos........

WOOOO HOOOO....... !amazed !amazed !amazed !amazed

I got a black 3 door leather from EBay just now!!! I hope none of you were bidding ;) !mistrust - if so - sorry!!!! ;);)

:D:D:D:D

Typical for me looking for ages then two come up at once. Like buses eh.... ;)

The "purple" interior I could have got was the mulberry one. No doubt you'll see that appear on Ebay soon (the guy has told my mate that if I didn't have it it'll be going up so watch out..).

Looks like I'll be busy next week fitting it.

Has anyone got any advice? How long "should" it realistically take? I'm banking on it being an afternoons work - or should I plan for longer...??

Also where does the heated seat wiring loom go. Just bought one from VW and from what I see it goes from the dash switch, to the connectors behin dthe fusbox, then down the drivers side of the car and under the carpet to both seats crossing the cetnre tunnel thing. Is that correct? Or is it simpler to put it down under the centre console???

Thanx for ll the replies guys... I look forward to anymore help and comments with the fitting etc.

If you want an idea of the colour' date=' i've got a dusty mauve vr with the 'mulberry leather' and they are a pefect match. would'nt put it in a black car though...just my opinion...I'd go cream with black...would look the nuts!

[/quote']

hes just said hes got some mate!!

well done i love my leather, my heaters dont work in them tho :( have you got the propper dash switchs for it?

Hi M1kevr...

Yeah I've got the switch for the seats. Mine are working (although the drivers back rest seems hotter than the seat base B) ). Do the seat relays "click" when you turn them on (you'll have to listen really carefully) if they don't then you'll need new ones... Altough it could be the switch (do you know anyone who can lend you a working one?)...

I thought mine weren't working but I spoke to eatthis the other day and he said you have to sit on them for them to work.. I thought he was joking so I tried. Wierd but it worked... Try that...

I don't know how hot or how fast they are supposed to heat up either.

Any comments guys.....

hi sharky

tried switchin the relays plugs over and they dont click or come on if i sit in them, gona get a garage to look at it i reckon... prob charge me the earth tho. how much did u pay for the leather, u still got the cloth? i might know ppl after cloth at the right price

• 4 weeks later...

It's a personal thing, but I'd wait for black leather. My VR is black and has black leather, and I think it is quality! The mulberry leather for me should only go in a mulberry motor. As for the cream leather, when I was buying my car the cream leather stopped me buying one, all cream leather belongs in Volvos been driven by tweed jacket wearers in my opinion,

regards, Aboo! !alien