de-badging a vr6 WHY?

Ok i did debadge my last mk3 golf alround but it was a 1.4 and wanted to hide that fact. How ever why do people de-badge vr6s?

i want people to see what mine is but i still crave for the de-badged look grill, back ect, and i know some ppl know the VR engine sound but alot of people dont.

Mine's badged at the moment, but VR's are one of the great Q-cars when debadged as to your average bloke on the street there's little apart from the wheels and exhaust to differentiate them from a Golf GL. Much more 'surprise factor' when you blow another driver away!!

[blockquote]there's little apart from the wheels and exhaust to differentiate them from a Golf GL[/blockquote]

isnt that a really bad thing?

its funny how ppl with low power golf put vr6 badges on to look like a VR and we do the oposite to not look like one !dodge

Mine's badged at the moment' date=' but VR's are one of the great Q-cars when debadged as to your average bloke on the street there's little apart from the wheels and exhaust to differentiate them from a Golf GL. Much more 'surprise factor' when you blow another driver away!!

[/quote']

spot on ;)

in my eyes for one it looks a lot 'cleaner' and secondly why the need to bragg about the engine? I know whats under the bonnet thats what matters. Its much more fun when you surprise people when you pulling away from them ;-) Although i think mine isnt the most subtle of golfs....

[blockquote]it looks smoother debadged[/blockquote]

i agree it does, might de-tract tea leaves and jelous people as well as boy racers being glued to my rear bumper

just shame that it wont look much diff than alot of 1,4s ect round here

I kinda like blowing off little Girlies in black Golf GTIs that flash to get past.... Very satisfying ;)

would be more satisfying the other way round

:D

!amazed Now..Now... There are Ladies present :D ... but yes you're 100% correct.... :P:D